Road trip

greg3852

Registered
Just completed a Massachusetts to Jacksonville NC overnight 13 hr road trip. Oh wait, theres more. Once I got there, I helped my son clean, take down a fence, and close out his house. I laid down for 45 min to an hour but couldn't sleep as I had way too much soda and candy to keep me going.

Then I grabbed my 2 year old granddaughter and my daughter in law, and drove back overnight from NC to Massachusetts another 13 hours overnight. To say I was tired doesn't begin to describe it.

So that was 775 miles, work all day and 775 miles back. That was a record for me.

Wowzers so I take it your son, granddaughter and daughter in law are moving to Massachusetts?
That was a hell of a weekend.

My son is a Marine. He is moving to 29 Palms for his second enlistment, but base housing isn't ready for them yet. So until they have a place, they are staying here and he will live in the barracks. He is doing great. Followed in my footsteps, but reenlisted where I didn't. He is a big bastard too. 6'2" 235lbs of muscle. When he was a kid he was chubby, then got skinny and was cross country captain in high school. Now he is a big musclehead in the Marine Corps. Hope he doesn't try to get all the shapes and get fat..

My son is a Marine .

He is moving to 29 Palms
for his second enlistment ,
but base housing is not
ready for them yet .

So until they have a place,
they are staying here and
he will live in the barracks .

He is doing great .

Followed in my footsteps,
but reenlisted where I did not .

He is a big bastard too .

6' 2" 235 pounds of muscle .

When he was a kid he was chubby,
then got skinny and was
cross country captain
in high school .

Now he is a big musclehead
in the Marine Corps .

Hope he does not try
to get all the shapes
and get fat . . .

We live off the north end of Menifee road ~ my youngest brother stays in 29 Palms *

cbsa40140.jpg

Last edited:
My son is a Marine. He is moving to 29 Palms for his second enlistment, but base housing isn't ready for them yet. So until they have a place, they are staying here and he will live in the barracks. He is doing great. Followed in my footsteps, but reenlisted where I didn't. He is a big bastard too. 6'2" 235lbs of muscle. When he was a kid he was chubby, then got skinny and was cross country captain in high school. Now he is a big musclehead in the Marine Corps. Hope he doesn't try to get all the shapes and get fat..
HI greg3852. My grandson is also a Marine.

Back