Road Salt ?

Dozerdriver

Registered
Do you guys ride when there is alot of road salt still around? I know how bad salt is and am worried about getting in areas that I won't be able to clean it out. I useally wait until it rains but I am going through withdrawls right now..:banghead:

I thought about that the past week. I was thinking about taking the bike out for the first time, but I didn't want any of that rock salt anywhere near my bike! I'll wait till spring.

I've done it a few times and I'll wait from now on. I didn't wash her off one time and chain was a mess. Although it's in the 30's here today:laugh:

Don't do it. Wait until you have had some rain to wash it away, thats the only reason I took mine out today as we had lots of rain. It will trash your pride and joy unless you really clean it on return imho.

HELL NO!!!!!! Not only is the salt corrosive, but it's as bad to ride on as black ice. Wait it out brother, lots of us want to ride, but is a quick ride worth the chance of dumping and potentially leaving this world?

I ride the Strom in salt, it has completly eroded the aluminum on the side case to the point that I bought a replacement for fear I will lose oil. Worst side is the "down" side with the kickstand. I'll snap a pic tomorrow. Ate under all the bolt heads severly. My Busa wont be seeing any salt.

I wait for a good soaking rain,thats why I did not ride today(mid 50's!).:moon:
We have so much salt in spots, you could prob. measure it.:laugh:
Salt is nasty to a bike,more so, than to a car.

I'm in northwest New Jersey it was 43 today and I rode for two hours. After I got home I sprayed the bike down, and utilized my leaf blower for a quick dry. I will lube the chain in the morning.

Back