Road riding with clutch mod

rob702

Registered
What’s it like riding a bike with the brocks clutch mod or a welded one I only use the bike for road riding but hate the clutch. I heard with the clutch mod it’s quite easy to lock the back wheel ?
Thanks Rob

I have a similar billet mod made by someone else and its been in my bike for over a year. I haven't had any locking of the rear wheel but I ride on the streets.

Hi thanks for the quick reply over here in England we say road riding where as you say street
Thanks again Rob

I have no problems what so ever. But I am also mindful not to drop gears extremely quick.

Basically you remove the two pieces that make up the one way clutch and install the one piece to replace it.

Stock
backtorqueeliminator_zpsaf904878.jpg

Aftermarket
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGGLoKXSAoRw4ngf9eewIrt6KIBYWuAsWoA3FGOXTgU6lX7vGoxg.jpg

You have to deal with heavier springs and a clutch lever pull with it. A downshift can be a bit more abrupt but I didn't find it to be an issue.

I took mine off when I quit drag racing.

I've done track days with and without. If your aggressive like myself, with the mod the back tire does lockup a lot even with throttle bleeping that I am quite good at. With the stock hub in the bike it helps a lot with those crazy downshifts. Normal to mild spirited street riding not too different.

Back