Road Hazard...

OB_Hapo

Registered
...kills Pilot...not get Hapo! Think on this when you head out on your "baldies"....I hit a stone or somthing after a great day(and nite) at high speed and had lost all the air outa my rear tire by the time I got home(three miles)...this was a fresh Pilot that only had a few hundred miles on it...dont tell me to plug it, 'Pete...you want it? I my be crazy, but I wouldn't even consider running a plugged tire on this thing...as far as baldies go, you might ask the dude from CP that USED to ride on "old" tires...when they let him wake up...if he can talk when they do...been about 5 weeks now...to bad he didn't get to read KawAbuser's post on Running...the cop never actuly chased him, just flashed his lights to slow him down...he was riding on the set of D207's off my old bike...lots of people think my tires are "still good" when I trash em...from now on I destroy my "used" skins.

Well what about a plug AND an inside rubber & cement patch? That's very safe. Just seems like an awful waste of loot to toss a new Pilot.

Yeah I'll take the tire if it's under $100 Cdn to UPS it to Toronto. From where...upstate New York...Penn?

If you're serious I'll call UPS and ask them how much to just pick it up from you, pack it and bring it here.

How big's the hole...just a nail? Is it a 190 tire? Not race compund is it?

e-mail me at pl@exclusivecom.com and tell me what town you're in so I can check with UPS.

-DP

Glen is OK, as in he can move and speak, but not like before...please toss used rubbers in a proper receptical...don't ever forget, (with full aknowledgment and apologies to Firestone) it's "Where the Rubber meets the Road!"

Hapo gave me an e-mail lashing for even thinking about using a patched Pilot when I have little daughters, and I caved. He even said that if I couldn't afford a new tire he'd buy me one.

I tell you inside that demented, pharmaceutical-addled body beats the heart of a prince.

Hapo what if I put 10 patches inside, covered'em with epoxy and used a solder gun to mush rubber over the hole on the outside?

I would also be willing to say a short prayer every time I got on.

On a related note I'm ashamed to say that the mechanic who did my recall and bulletins today discovered that my front was at 30 pounds (admittedly it's 30 degrees out but that's no excuse).

It's easy to take your tires for granted. But after the rider, they're the most important part of the bike.

Pete isn't it scary when Hapo makes sense, it sort of gives that cold chill in the spine.

You have to give Hap some credit on bike mechanics, if he doesn't "know it" he brings it to those who service his bike. When it came to setting up his suspension, he didn't guess around he went to the dealer(with Dirty Pete's recomended settings). His local dealership is an award winning Suzuki shop, better than most.

A tire is all you have working for you, be it racing or riding it is really just about you and your tires. Everything else is just window dressing.

Back