Road 5 on stretched gen 1

Dthompson

Registered
Hey guys I'm back after the fuel issue and have another question.

I just put a stretch on I'm set at about 6 inches with a 190 50 road 5 rear tire.

I also went -1+2 on my sprockets at the same time as the stretch man it can be a lot of fun but the bike is street ridden with the occasional mexico trip.

My question basically is what psi should I run this road 5 at to stop the wheel spin I get trying to run through first and possibly some of second and also if the road 5 is just not a good play tire for hooking up what are some good options for me on the bike with this kind of set up and riding

Thanks in advance hopefully this post is a little better than my last one lol

Get a softer tire. The pressure you're gonna need to run to get that to hook on the street is so low it's gonna damage the tire, and it's gonna handle like sh!t. There are cheaper options, like a shinko u soft, it expensive ones like the new Dunlop. Either way, the tire won't last long. The same qualities that make it hook also make it wear faster.

Ok I'll look into some others this tire was on it when I got the bike haven't had it long and I went out for my first stretch ride and had a blast but couldn't hook to save my life I was reading about the Michelin power rs that replaced the power one what do you guys know about that tire?

Ok I'll look into some others this tire was on it when I got the bike haven't had it long and I went out for my first stretch ride and had a blast but couldn't hook to save my life I was reading about the Michelin power rs that replaced the power one what do you guys know about that tire?
Never tried the Michelin, but when I had a stock motor the bike was set up like yours, and a 003 shinko would hook on the street at ridable pressure.

Back