RJ off to Boosted Cycle Perf

How about the first run of engines made ? The tolerences and tools etc during manufacturing will (should be) perfect but after a few hundred or thousand made id imagine before the end of tool life (then get changed) some tolerences will be at the maximum but ok, would they poss make less power ?

So the first run of a model would be the best to get - for HP and a nice tight motor.

I realise too sometimes the first model is where they also sometimes find 'other' gremlins.

Yeah, when I was looking up at that bike way up there, I knew something was up on factory break in!! Yeah after fast break in, I was looking behind me haulin azz and he has PC, tune, 4 in 1 exhaust and I was total stock, yup facts dude, I was there!! What does their bike being broke in same way as mine have anything to do with it? Should I ask hey was your bike broke in fast or slow. Aw well slow huh. nope won't race you sorry. this was bike after bike after bike, mine and my friends!! Baby it, get a baby, get on it, get a hoss, boss.

Not exactly facts. For example, how many of the bikes you beat were broken in the same way yours was? People don't realize that some examples of a motorcycle can perform better than another. Manufacturing precision is not perfect.

Yeah, when I was looking up at that bike way up there, I knew something was up on factory break in!! Yeah after fast break in, I was looking behind me haulin azz and he has PC, tune, 4 in 1 exhaust and I was total stock, yup facts dude, I was there!! What does their bike being broke in same way as mine have anything to do with it? Should I ask hey was your bike broke in fast or slow. Aw well slow huh. nope won't race you sorry. this was bike after bike after bike, mine and my friends!! Baby it, get a baby, get on it, get a hoss, boss.
My point was you said breaking in the bike made it faster than any other bike and that's fact. I was merely pointing out that you don't know all the variables so you can't really say. You could be the best rider in the county?

Bryan, might want to swing by this weekend for a few pulls. While servicing the dyno this weekend we found some issues that could of swayed numbers.

Afterwards I tuned a 2018 with base spacer, rcc stage 1 non innercooled.

6psi 228hp/130tq
8psi 249hp/142tq

Weather was similar to when we ran your bike. 85 degrees in the bay, 60% humidity, and 2600ft DA.

Those numbers seem to be pretty much textbook for the set up.
Hey @c10 did you ever make it back to ther dyno?? Inquiring minds want to know:D

@c10 at this point when it was rich was the pair valve disabled/blocked? 02 sensor functional or disabled as well? Just curious....
Block off plates went on over 4 years ago along with a ecu flash disabling the O2 sensor . Pair systtem completely removed at same time . Removed the sensor shortly after going to the full ti pipe as the o2 bung was different size . only left it on the other headers as a plug to fill the hole

IMG_20201204_120716.jpg

Way more than I was expecting from an exhaust and air filter!
A friend of mine commented that is more horsepower than a wrx with those same mods makes.

View attachment 1630325

Way more than I was expecting from an exhaust and air filter!
A friend of mine commented that is more horsepower than a wrx with those same mods makes.
Not sure of u posted it anywhere but aside from the exhaust and air filter do you have anything else done to the bike like lightweight wheels or ceramic bearings?

Not sure of u posted it anywhere but aside from the exhaust and air filter do you have anything else done to the bike like lightweight wheels or ceramic bearings?
No, bone stock aside from cosmetic and ergonomic things. I bought brand new in July got 2k off for last year's model. I preferred this color over the dried blood or not mitsubishi silver.
I took the certificate of origin to get it registered last week ish and saw that it says "hp: 194.4 sae" right above the motor serial number.
That sounds about right for wheel horsepower as base pull on the dyno was 199.8 with the exhaust and filter prior to tune.

Reactions: c10
No, bone stock aside from cosmetic and ergonomic things. I bought brand new in July got 2k off for last year's model. I preferred this color over the dried blood or not mitsubishi silver.
I took the certificate of origin to get it registered last week ish and saw that it says "hp: 194.4 sae" right above the motor serial number.
That sounds about right for wheel horsepower as base pull on the dyno was 199.8 with the exhaust and filter prior to tune.
Pretty amazing numbers as most gen 2 Hayabusas with full exhaust and filter is around 185ish on a good day. You must have got a real good one.

They do have weather stations built in to correct power to a standard.......
Honestly don't know enough about that.

For instance, Hayabusa bikes with the same or similar mods at close to the same sea level should be fairly close in hp/tq figures...so that tells me the dynos are not all producing the same result. I only know there are dyno owners on here who have said there are discrepancies between dyno readings sometimes.

Back