Rising fuel prices - anyone worried about attending as a result?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
With gas prices here already over $4/gal and increasing daily, has anyone started to worry about making the bash? Is there a point that will turn you away? $5/gal, $6/gal? ???

I'm still pretty definite about going but there are definitely some financial concerns as fuel goes up and up. Anyone riding in that would have normally hauled in with a truck and/or trailer?

I get 38 to 50 mpg in my 2010 TDI. It's a 3300 lbs wagon, so not too worried about fuel prices.

I avg around 33 mpg on my busa.

I had bigger concerns 2 years ago, getting into Ashville, and Not a gas station for miles had any gas. You gotta pay up, if you wanna have FUN...

Any word on the other 2 possibles Brian?

Smellphone via Forum Runner

one is not sure yet and the other is Lycan.... getting a hold of him these days is like trying to nail jello to the wall... :laugh:

Smart money is that there will be a spot open... the smarter money is that @ $5/gal and up we might be better off riding. 9mpg, 31gal tank.... $150 for about 300miles of range....its something like 900 miles so about $900 in gas round trip. Riding will suck but its a crap pile cheaper. 3x gas = $300 ... I would probably drive if thats all it was but those are the things we should probably chat on da phone about sooner than later :poke:

Not worried about going at all... There is however some concern on how I will get back!

its at 4.99 near NYC now, though the next town over its 4.09 .... no clue whats going on with it but I did see it priced at 5.89/gal just outside the Orlando airport in Jan. I drove about 1/2mile up the road and it was 3.25/gal so I guess folks are starting the price screwing already :banghead:

That is common down by OIA . I am going to share the trailer with three others to help with the gas ... 1 on the truck and three on the trailer from Daytona/Orlando area

riding Lucy...if i run out of fuel, i'll just let Cap and twotonevert take turns pushing me :thumbsup:

Nothin like bleeding a trailer full of bikes dry to put gas in the truck to make it to the Dragon...ahhh the good ol days:laugh::laugh:

riding Lucy...if i run out of fuel, i'll just let Cap and twotonevert take turns pushing me :thumbsup:

Hey now, I will be riding two up, but I can bring a rope if need be and tie it to the grab rail. My biggest challenge is packing for two people for a week trip. :banghead:

Back