Ripped off

Sparky405

Registered
I hate to be negative but I was just curious as to if anyone else has ever got ripped off by by someone working on their motorcycle. I have mine painted recently and the guy claims he never received one of my pieces and I know for sure I didn't lose any of them so I ordered another one took it to him and every week he promises me it'll be done by Friday and now he won't answer phone calls or return text messages

Sorry to say, but I think it pays to take pics of parts and the bike on hand over to the painter . . especially if you have never dealt with him before.
An example of this is something I've seen at bike shop I work at.
Customer brings his bike to have it serviced/repaired, brings it in with luggage attached, radar detector mounted, tank cover and tank bag fitted, gel seat cover attached to riders and pillion seat, all fully loaded.
He's expecting it back the same day, but we are waiting on parts, takes 3 days before it's done.
To do the job we needed to do, we had to remove all that gear he had on board, and it was placed on a shelf by the mechanics work area.
Someone came along the next day and pulled all the gear off the shelf, looking for some other item for a different bike, grabbed the top box and fitted it to his customers bike erroneously.
The bike was given back to the owner without the top box and he asked where the hell is my top box??
It took half the day trying to work out where it went and eventually the guy that fitted it to the wrong bike piped up and said he'd put it on another bike, luckily that bike had not left the building yet. Problem solved.
The owner was NOT impressed.
What a waste of time and energy.
But this is one example of how stuff goes missing from shops.

I hate to be negative but I was just curious as to if anyone else has ever got ripped off by by someone working on their motorcycle. I have mine painted recently and the guy claims he never received one of my pieces and I know for sure I didn't lose any of them so I ordered another one took it to him and every week he promises me it'll be done by Friday and now he won't answer phone calls or return text messages
This guy charged me 500 more than anyone else that I got quotes from I figured you get what you pay for so I went with him. Now I'm stuck with a bike that's missing a lower dash panel I'm ordering another one and I may just paint those myself back black

I already paid him so I'm probably screwed lol
He didnt tell me that a piece was missing until I paid him loaded up all the pieces and was getting ready to drive off. How would he notice a lower dash piece missing he's a painter not a motorcycle mechanic I believe he damaged it or lost it, I didn't feel like arguing so I ordered another one and dropped it off so he could paint it and we will be done but he wont paint it he probably dont even have anymore of the paint left

Go to the shop and get him face to face then see what he has to say probably screwed it up or lost it.

Then I’f he still messes around slam him and his bussiness on social media and yelp they don’t like that. Lmao . And It’s his Profession if he can’t do that right what’s he good for get your part and try to have some else paint it I wouldn’t let him touch my poop after that

Happens all the time . However painters are notoriously slow ,make excuses to buy time .
You pay already?

Lol.. never a truer word typed..
I've been waiting just over 12 months for my tail piece, nose one and lh fairing to be repaired and repainted. I made the mistake of sayin, "no rush as I have a second set of fairings on the bike for now"

Lol.. never a truer word typed..
I've been waiting just over 12 months for my tail piece, nose one and lh fairing to be repaired and repainted. I made the mistake of sayin, "no rush as I have a second set of fairings on the bike for now"
I had the fender and tail (hump as well) painted last year...it was less than 24hrs and I had the pieces back ready to go...I was rather amazed when the paint shop called, I thought something screwed up...

Show up in person......

I would be standing at the door 30 minutes before they opened. Then get friends family forum buddies :beerchug: Etc. To blast his social media

Show up early and right before lunch in the afternoon.

He has taken your money but has he painted the parts yet??? If not get your $$$ and parts back and go somewhere else

BBB only matters if he's a member ;) Social Media will push your stuff to the graveyard of importance.
If his ethics are what you have showed us then it no longer matters .

My rule with Painters . Pay only for materials upfront . Their labor ( the big portion of the job ) comes when the job is complete , and acceptable.
If they want the whole job up front then your going to wait usually. By having the pay out $$$ makes them focus a bit more on the job . Many painters are doing side jobs @ their full time job . if its busy season at the regular job then your going to wait .

Back