Ripped hole in under tail need ideas on how to patch it

FireMedic

Registered
2007 Busa, stretched about 7 inches.

What had happened was...
I went out about two weeks ago and decided to drag race some friends. My bike was lowered and like a dumbass I had a hard launch and tore a hole in my under tail. I raised it back to normal height and adjusted my suspension and now I am wanting to patch it but am having trouble with ideas as to how to seal the trunk without it looking ghetto. The area damaged is the plastic trunk and under tail area. Really just looking for a way to keep electronics in trunk area from getting wet and dirty. Any ideas would be appreciated.

IMG_3123.jpg

Cheapest way would be black duct tape.

Or gray and then painted black?

Next would be metal or aluminum with a few bends and then rivet it in place and then paint it.

Last would be to buy a new under tail box. Maybe a used one?

Duct tape, fiber glass resin, sheet metal etc. can be ways 2 fix it but it's gonna be up 2 you on how much time, effort, and attention 2 detail you put in2 it whether or not it comes out looking "ghetto" or not.....

@ the end of the day it may be cheaper and less time consuming 2 search Ebay for the used parts you need and just replace em and be done with it :whistle:

My fix was to use screen and patch the hole with that, and then cover it with permatex to make it waterproof. looks decent so long as you don't break out the magnifying glass

-D

While you are doing work there just do the trash can mod and get yourself some extra space... It's a great mod!

the above or go to menards buy some plexiglass and plastic wield. trim and cut to shape then plastic wield it in there.

All that material is abs. Go to tap plastic for a piece of abs, And go get a can of plumbers abs glue. Then use some epoxy to smooth it out, And some flat black paint. That's if you want to fix it your self.

Back