Ripoff!

I don't post on here often, since I don't own a Busa, but quite honestly as a person that raced the 03 R6 and now the 06 R6, I could give 2 shits about the 1300 rpm difference, cause the bike will fly around a racce track. Hell, it broke the lap record at Daytona with very minimal modifications back during the tire test in December.
Not sure why people don't get their panties in a bunch when "every" manufacturer claims to have 133bhp at the crank or 250bhp at the crank, when in actuality it's much lower? I think people whine, just to whine.
Of course You gonna say that...
You`ve been screwed bro...

I don`t give a shid if I ever need 17500 RPM or not if I paid for that. It was the huge selling point for R6... I guess not anymore...

Hmmmmmm.........17500rpm.
All I need is about 11200..........
cool.gif

I don't post on here often, since I don't own a Busa, but quite honestly as a person that raced the 03 R6 and now the 06 R6, I could give 2 shits about the 1300 rpm difference, cause the bike will fly around a racce track. Hell, it broke the lap record at Daytona with very minimal modifications back during the tire test in December.
Not sure why people don't get their panties in a bunch when "every" manufacturer claims to have 133bhp at the crank or 250bhp at the crank, when in actuality it's much lower? I think people whine, just to whine.
Of course You gonna say that...
You`ve been screwed bro...

I don`t give a shid if I ever need 17500 RPM or not if I paid for that.  It was the huge selling point for R6... I guess not anymore...
Actually TZEaceR6 is a co-worker.. I have known him for about a year (maybe longer now) or so.

I saw this post and talked to him about it. he sent me a descriptive email that made a lot of sense.

Since I know him, since I know he races, since I respect his opinions when it comes to motorcycles and since his email to me made sense. I asked him to post..

his post wasn’t as descriptive as the email he sent me but he gave me permission to post what he sent..

Bottom line.. when I emailed him about it, he fired and email right back. he was totally aware of the issue and said it really didn’t matter. So no he didn’t get screwed. he just has a different perspective.. here is the email he sent to me

“Ron,
With the stock ECU, the R6 revs to 16.2k rpm's before it dies (according to most dyno's anyway.) With a kit ECU, the bike will rev an additional 1000-1200 rpm's, which brings it right up to the advertised 17.5k rpm's. However, anyone that races knows that this is insignificant, and will be using the kit ECU anyway. The new R6 has already shown at Daytona in Dec that it is the most dominant 600 out there. With very little modifications, the R6 destroyed the lap record on the first day of testing. The only people that are pissed are street riders, and since the R6 has been advertised as a race only bike, with the R6s being the street version, they really don't have much of a reason to #####. “

Let me get this streight... Is there two versions of R6?
R6s and R6? Or both bikes stops at 16200?

My point is simple... False advertisement.

Would you be OK if your Busa top speed was 150MPH?

I`m not....
It`s irrelevant that I will probably never take her to the limits not your friend set a world record on it... It is a great bike with awesome technology... I would get new ECU for free aor get their ass sued..

Back