RIP R. Lee Ermey

As a Marine, it sucks to lose such a great spokesman. From what Ive read about him, he was a great family man. I'll have to find some mail call to watch.

You know what I think was so attractive about his character ?
gunnery.jpg

He instilled discipline into anyone that crossed his path.

R.I.P .Gunny

You gotta wonder where guys like that are going to come from when we need them. RIP
Times are changed. It's a kinder gentler military. In fact I just read a piece where the main military boss said they have to lower entry standards on physical requirements because very very few can pass minimum physical standards. ie too many overweight out if shape young people are the norm now.

Times are changed. It's a kinder gentler military. In fact I just read a piece where the main military boss said they have to lower entry standards on physical requirements because very very few can pass minimum physical standards. ie too many overweight out if shape young people are the norm now.

Yeah, and how pathetic is that!
Bastids wouldn't take me over some screws in my bones, and told my flat feet would've gotten me sent back home anyway.
Appealed to Surgeon General...then got disqualified from every branch!
Fight to get in, and it's a no go.
Be fat and lazy, and they'll work around it.
Gotta love it.

I did not know this. Thats sad to loose him. I swear though He embodied all of my drill instructors to a T. It gave me twitches...lol

Back