RIP Mike Evans.

Ride of the Century driver dies after crashing into police car in south St. Louis | KMOV.com St. Louis

The story is a little fishy. He didn't stunt, had a custom busa. He leaves behind a family and lots of friends.
whats fishy? you ride at a high rate of speed on a public highway and crash into a police car or any other car your either gonna get killed or severely injured.

“Streetfighterz Ride of the Century” usually means ppl are either pulling wheelies and lose control and crash or trying to keep up with those pulling wheelies and crash. like most who crash and die they bite off more then they can chew and pay the price with their life. RIP

Whom among us, while riding their Busa, hasn't pushed the limits on occasion and done something illegal? Sounds like all he did wrong was pass on the right, possibly going too fast, and clipped the car. Let him rest in peace.

P.

Always hate to hear this. All of us being Busa riders, how much closer to home than this can it be? Makes you think. Ride safe boys. Did not know Mike but I pray he was right with the Lord and in a better place. Also pray for his loved ones, particularly the kids, who are left behind to grieve.

Not knowing the specifics of the accident I think it is a little harsh to judge. Reading the other thread sounds like there is some video and eye witness accounts that say something different than the media is reporting. We will have to see what the facts of crash were. Either way he was a Brother and deserves our honor and respect in his death IMHO.

R.I.P. Like another gentleman said, who of us hasn't pushed the boundries a bit? After all the crap I've done, I'm lucky I survived will just a brain injury! It made me a smarter rider. My Condolences to his Family...

whats fishy? you ride at a high rate of speed on a public highway and crash into a police car or any other car your either gonna get killed or severely injured.

“Streetfighterz Ride of the Century” usually means ppl are either pulling wheelies and lose control and crash or trying to keep up with those pulling wheelies and crash. like most who crash and die they bite off more then they can chew and pay the price with their life. RIP

Get some facts! He wasn't that type of rider. 5000 bikes in STL over the weekend and just because 100 of them do wheelies, people like you say they all do.

Sounds like all he did wrong was pass on the right, possibly going too fast, and clipped the car. Let him rest in peace.

P.

Really ?? Thats all ?? Yes I feel for his family but if he was doing all that IN the city at night , well that isn't very bright .

i was at ROC and hear the same conflicting story from multiple people saying that we was not stunting and that it was the cops fault for swerving to the right to scare the rider.

per usual i take it at a grain of salt, but also know full and well that events like this are spun to always look good for the cops and bad for the other party, esp when the cops are actively trying to deter the event

RIP busa pilot. At least it was over quick.

A cop once wrote my wife a ticket when he backed into her legally parked car. I couldn't believe it what i was seeing and hearing. The cop was a very good liar in court. This has been 20 years ago and we are still pissed. Changed my views forever.

RIP busa pilot. At least it was over quick.

A cop once wrote my wife a ticket when he backed into her legally parked car. I couldn't believe it what i was seeing and hearing. The cop was a very good liar in court. This has been 20 years ago and we are still pissed. Changed my views forever.

Well, if that's a true story, then not only did the cop behave unethically, but the system as a whole failed you. In SC when a vehicle accident happens not only does the cop involved have to stay out of it, but the department as a whole. City cop has wreck = County or State unit must work it. In the end you appear before a judge and or a jury of your peers. That's how we roll.

Yeah, it's true. This little town was well known for these kinds of shenanigans. Now the town is a ghetto wasteland.

Well, if that's a true story, then not only did the cop behave unethically, but the system as a whole failed you. In SC when a vehicle accident happens not only does the cop involved have to stay out of it, but the department as a whole. City cop has wreck = County or State unit must work it. In the end you appear before a judge and or a jury of your peers. That's how we roll.

I give props to SC for doing it like that. Keeps everyone involved honest

You gotta know GNBrett. A good guy no doubt, but his first reaction is always on the side of law enforcement.
Brett, as I said in my thread, there is more to this than has been reported, it will all come out in due time. Mike wasn't stunting, he wasn't going excessively fast, he didn't lose control, he didn't bite off more than he could chew. He was an experienced, cautious rider that had everything to live for. All those things are indisputable facts.
Regardless, we laid Mike to rest today, it was a sad day for everyone that knew him.

Back