RIP Marco Simoncelli

got this pic taken last year at Indy, as we ran in to him in the Souvenir Shop..... who'd have thought

:please::please: for family and friends

Moto GP 209.jpg

Cal hit marco mid torso but there is a reverse angle somewhere where it's Rossi's tire hitting Marco right on the neck/head.

Exactly. It appears as if it was Vale's hit that actually took off Simo's helmet.... and, quite possibly, was the main contributor to Simo's demise.

Regardless, none of this speculation changes this tragedy. I have little doubt Edwards and Rossi are really struggling with this.

As is the rest of the MotoGP paddock.

So unfortunate and unfair.... :please:

Exactly. It appears as if it was Vale's hit that actually took off Simo's helmet.... and, quite possibly, was the main contributor to Simo's demise.

Regardless, none of this speculation changes this tragedy. I have little doubt Edwards and Rossi are really struggling with this.

As is the rest of the MotoGP paddock.

So unfortunate and unfair.... :please:

Watching this on Speed yesterday, Rossi sat in the paddock and looked extremely sad.

Very sad, Prayers out to all involved

Broke my heart to see that..A great loss to the sport of MotoGP..God Speed Marco...That Suzuki was giving him hell....Marco wanted no part of that.....He was on the ragged edge for sure...pure heart...he will be missed...

Forgive me for saying this but I have been wondering this every since I saw Marco's helmet pop off. I wonder if all that hair stuffed in the helmet somehow made it fit less tight? Looking at the pictures and video it probably wouldn't have made that much difference but I have a lot of hair too and I have just been thinking about that.

Truly a tragic accident!

No one involved could have down anything different!

Godspeed Marco!

it looked to me that the front wheel hit the bottom of the helmet. Kind of like when you see helmets popped off in football

it looked to me that the front wheel hit the bottom of the helmet. Kind of like when you see helmets popped off in football

In the video you can see the strap flopping as the helmet is rolling. Looks long as if one side broke loose from the helmet?? There were a lot of force at work on it.

Via Tapatalk

Just a boy...

[video]http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2011/MotoGP+Rewind+Marco+Simoncelli[/video]

Cool video Keith. Eerie watching it now that he's gone.
I do wonder of there are some who may think he brought this on himself with his aggressive riding style. In the video you can see him coming in hard on the brakes surprising folks in the corners. Just curious if some may think it was a bit too much?

from looking at all the pics i have seen and all the vids i could find on the tube and all accross the net. This accident was def not avoidable. The poor kid was crushed between 2 moving motorcyles. He was dead before he ever hit the ground. It was stated in an article the initial impact broke his neck and crushed his torso. He will be sorely missed in our hearts and on our tv!!!! Such skill and spirit. Rarely are the 2 in the same person.

It was horrifying to watch his limp body sliding down the track helmetless. It was a brutal collision that neither Edwards or Rossi could never have avoided. It's very sobering when tragedy strikes those who are doubtless the absolute best riders in the world.

Back