Rimoza Grips

THEPANTHER

Registered
I've been eying a set of Rimoza Grips for the new beast (gen2).
Can't seem to fine any on Busa.
Any one using these grips? Would appreciate any comments, reviews where the heck to purchase.
Thx all in advance.

PJ's Parts - Accessories For Every Bike And Rider what do you want to know about them... they look really good...

DSCN3961.jpg

PJ's is the place for those...kinda expensive but they are nice...bar ends too.

Mr. B.
How do they feel. degree of difficulty to install. Whatever might be helpful.
I pretty sure I'm gonna pull the trigger on a set.
Thx in advance

Mr. B.
How do they feel. degree of difficulty to install. Whatever might be helpful.
I pretty sure I'm gonna pull the trigger on a set.
Thx in advance
I guess feel is ok, I wear good gloves all the time so no real issue with any grips..

On the plus side:
They come with specific left/right grips and cable cams so you can set the "speed" at which the throttle comes on.. (I have mine at the stock "slow" setting because I am doing track days now.. throttle management is pretty important so I gotta have good control on it)

They also have a "high ramp" cam that makes WFO pretty quick at less than a 1/4 turn..

Ease of install? left side is simple, you pull the old grip, put a bead of silicone inside grip, slide on and position and tighten 2 set screws..

time? 5 minutes

Right Side: you have to split the switch assy (2 screws)
disconnect the throttle cables
slide off old assy with throttle tube
pick the cam you want on the new rizoma
Slide it on the grip tube
slide the assy back on to the bar and reconnect cable ends (I had hell of a time here, took me a good 40 minutes but there has got to be something I was doing wrong) I put all the free play in cable adjusters I could and still had a crap of a time.. there is no way it should have been that hard... I just missed something is all I can figure..

Bar ends: I have "clip-ons" and so have hollow tubes.. the bar ends go right on and takes seconds..

CONS: Rizoma bar ends are not "heavy" so any buzz is going to get you.. I am going to put lead shot in my hollow clip on tubes and see if it helps a bit.. (really not an issue but sounds like some fun :) )

Price: $200 for what I have.. they have an alternate design that is way cheaper.. ($90 for all) but even at $90, that is pretty steep for grips of any kind...

would I get them again? yea but I would try the cheaper model..

Thx Mr. B very helpful.
Just got off the phone with PJ. Gonna pick a pair up. Yes they're pricey but inline with what I'd been looking @
Thx all for your input.
Picks after they're installed.... Of course

call back, make sure Page packs the 2 screws in... Rizoma cheaped out and they do not put them in package... Page makes sure that they are included..

Back