Rimmax Wheels Fact or Fiction?

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
I have been watching the Golden child thread for a while because I was all set to buy Rimmax Wheels.

I thought it was worth a new thread here in the Gen Bike section. I have been in contact with Rimmax and they told me they would contact me last week when they were ready to ship....they did not. I sent them an e-mail alerting them of the beating they are taking here and suggesting that they clear it up. Here is a portion of their response:
"The reason the wheels are not done yet is because of the chroming. That is why I said that we will COD the wheels once they are done.  I would rather do that than to take your money and have you waiting. They will be done any day now.  When they are done I will let you know, if you have already purchased some rims from someone else that is ok. Be careful though, people will take your money first and then have you wait. Let me know if you have any more concerns. So far as the forums, they are not true. You have to understand, when you have a great product, people will try to bring you down.  I can guarantee you that you will not find another product on the market that is well built as ours, because we created the whole concept.  Let me know if you have more concerns."[/QUOTE]
So who is telling the truth...Golden Child or Rimmax? Did Golden Child actually overnight a check to Rimmax over a month ago for wheels that were supposed to be in stock? Have they really ignored him and refused to refund his money? After all, they answered me.

G

Here is my response to Rimmax. Basically, I told him that unless he clears this up, I will be buying elsewhere.

In past situations like this, manufacturers and distributors have gone to the boards to clear up misunderstandings, and defend their name and reputation. Did you read what Golden Child has to say? If it isn't true, what is the scoop. He says he paid you in advance. He gave a date...early June. He then said that the company would barely return his calls. He said he asked for a refund and received no reply. He said he asked to speak to the President and after several days had no response. He is updating it every day, and with each day Rimmax looks worse.

You offered to send wheels to me COD. Why not give this guy a refund and then ship the wheels to him COD. Tell your story and I will be happy to pass it on to the masses. I am very respected on that particular board. I can't help you on the others.

Better yet, go on there and clear it up yourself. We all stick together, so unless you clear this up, I will be buying elsewhere. And if you didn't read the thread, so will about 15-30 other people, and that is just 1 board. You might want to go to that link and see what's being said about you.
[/QUOTE]

Well this is the the deal: Did i send money?

IMG_0241.JPG

Well I for one certainly believe that GoldenChild had sent the money...And I want be doing any business with Rimmax ever based upon their performance or should I say lack of performance in this...
evil.gif

Well Lawyer says as it seems they have committed a series of crimes.Internet fraud ,mail fraud,Check cash fraud with intent to decieve,False advertisement and a series of other violations.She will contact a Deleware Attorney on tuesday for me.I will keep you all posted with updates.I just wanted you all to see the proof,from here on out I will stay professional and continue to let these so called big companies see we won't be ignored.

Looking for wheels myself, thanks for the headsup. Won't be doing business with Rimmax...............

I never heard back from them, and I am sure thrasher didn't get a reply to his email either...I'd say steer clear guys...take your funds elsewhere...they don't seem to be very concerned...

Just for the record be advised that putting an inertial gyroscopic load on the wheel will cause either an excessive force or floating load on the bike and could cause you to hit a corner you are used to and eat poop.

I rode a busa recently with these spinner wheels and if you do the no-bar styeering test you will se just what i mean the bike continually pulls to the right. Also when thinking about the 250 rear conversion the Tires are at this time only good to 130 mph....
Save your money

Ridersnation

Just for the record be advised that putting an inertial gyroscopic  load on the wheel will cause either an excessive force or floating load on the bike and could cause you to hit a corner you are used to and eat poop.

I rode a busa recently with these spinner wheels and if you do the no-bar styeering test you will se just what i mean the bike continually pulls to the right. Also when thinking about the 250 rear conversion the Tires are at this time only good to 130 mph....
Save your money

Ridersnation
Good info....

Thanks

Rimmax also carries regular polished and chrome rims. I won't be buying anything from them.....getting some PM Gatlins.

Just for the record be advised that putting an inertial gyroscopic  load on the wheel will cause either an excessive force or floating load on the bike and could cause you to hit a corner you are used to and eat poop.

Save your money

Ridersnation
they do look good though but not worth the headache

Well update!!! Filed reports with IFCC today and with the BBB in De.I also contacted the Nj State police about this matter and the outcome will be posted soon.They all gave good words of encouragement to keep up my fight.I still haven't recieved any wheels or a refund from Rimmax or Curtis Martin who was my contact person.No phone calls have been returned at this time.

best of luck in your fight to get your money back. I went through a similar issue with a private individual rather than a company, but in the end I wound up getting my money back. It was a pain in the arse, but in the end it was ok. Hope yours turns out the same!

Back