Rim polishing pics

Yes, I used a slightly different paint stripper, also used a stiff plastic brush to apply and scrub the remover. After I could see aluminum everywhere, I used the scotch bright pad to clean the last bit out of the machining grooves. Eventually I'll apply some mechanical buffing power to get an even higher shine, but I was really surprised how easy it is.
Thanks for all your help,
Martin

I polished the rims on my last bike. It was a snap. I used a product called "Strypeezee" or something like that. I painted the goop on with a small brush, let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then wiped it off. The rest of it came off with a stiff brush, and a bit of fine steel wool. Last, I polsihed it using a product called "Nevrdull."

For what it's worth, I have pics at my site: mambokid.tripod.com/home.htm (in the cosmetic mods drop down menu).

I'll eventually update the site with my Busa mods. Meanwhile, no more polishing for me. I'm waiting delivery on a pair of Dymags!

Martinm2, You have simply the most beautiful pics of the Busa I have ever seen, well done...can anyone match that?

[This message has been edited by jimjib (edited 19 July 2000).]

aircraft stripper is the best bar none.then some 280 grit to take the machine lines down then some 400 then 600 then 1000 then mothers and vwalla.i am polishing my whole rims and will send some pics to martin when done.

Thanks!
Yes, I just use Klean-Strip Premium Stripper that I found at Fred Meyer. I plan on doing some sanding of the grooves and more polishing this weekend.
Looking forward to the pics Motorhead.
Martin

Just finished mine today using the aircraft paint remover, steel wool and "Never-Dull" and it looks great. Really looks good against the blue and silver. The key to the whole thing is to take your time and mask off the center portion. The front rim was alot harder to remove though.

Back