Riding without front fender

SANDFLEA85

Registered
I smashed my fender in the spill i took a few weeks ago,ordered a new one (modifyed with vents) wont be in until mid next week (so im told) I have been riding without it for short rides but since it supports the clutch and brake lines i dont want to go too far,does anybody see any problems other then that with periodical rides while i wait...only danger i see is front end bottoming out and brake lines rubbing on tire,not exactly a good thing but i also dont want to restrict them using zip ties or anything???

I wouldn't personally do it. Can you fashion a bracket to hold and protect lines until fender comes in, or just not ride for a few days. I know; it's hard
laugh.gif

The brake lines are the biggest concern.

My second concern would be rocks and debris hitting the radiator.

The fender will not keep crap from hitting the radiator, as far as the lines use a few of those cable ties to hold the lines towards the fork tubes but don't make the ties too tight!

The fender helps to keep debris off of your forks

I have had customers need new fork seals after running with no front fender for less than 1k miles.

(Smokin Busa @ Jun. 03 2007,00:09) The fender helps to keep debris off of your forks

I have had customers need new fork seals after running with no front fender for less than 1k miles.
Damn,never thought of that,guess my ride this morning was my last until the fender comes in....glad it was atleast a fast one
race.gif
cool.gif

DEVLDOG, I know your pain, had to wait 4 weeks for mine. The lines are held under the bottom yoke (think you call them trees) I used wide cable ties, did not have a problem

DSCN1401.JPG

you are welcome to mine...it may not match....and it has a small gash from the disc lock......but it's complete and works 98%.

PM me if want my blue/CF fender.

Back