Riding with strangers?

brian7396

Donating Member
Registered
Does it make me stuck up or an a$$ hole because I dont like to ride with people that I dont know? I worry about their riding abilities and their habits. Mainly doing something stupid and causing me or others to wreck. (I do enough stupid things on my own and dont need any help) I have always been leery about it. I use to do toy runs and benefit rides, even joined a local riding group, I just cant make myself go ride with them. I always enjoy reading about their rides but I dont regret not going. Is it just me?

Last edited:
It's not just you. I am always leary of riding with a new group. Not so much if its just a few people, since i will just hang in the back and observe how they ride.

A group is very different, but shouldn't stop you from going and having a good time. You need to just make sure of a few points.

Make sure there is a "road Captain" and he has had a riders meeting explaining all the rules. ie: NO passing! No Stunting! Use a staggered formation in the straights and single file in the curves. Also rules governing how the group will go thru town with stop lights and all. When all rules have been lined out, he should finish with: If anyone abuses these rules they will be asked to leave the group!

Once you know how things should go, you can count on a degree of consistancy that you can adjust your riding style to suit the group and have a good time.

i'm with the local military motorcycle club. 30+ bikes with all different levels of riders. i just learn to set a little distance between me and the next rider, gives you time to react. so no it doesn't bother me to ride with others. :thumbsup: just no crazy stuff.

If you don't entertain strangers at some point in time, you will never make new friends.

Ride in the back until you see how it's managed. If it's crazy break off while you can....

when i ride with new riders i always stay in/near the back of the pack to see how they ride.. have alot of stupid riders in atlanta i try not to get stuck with them

when i ride with new riders i always stay in/near the back of the pack to see how they ride.. have alot of stupid riders in atlanta i try not to get stuck with them

+1 I always ride behind them to see how they ride

Sent from my rooted HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk.

On occasion I will ride with a group but it is those that I choose and invite to go ride with me. One CIO from across the river that rides an 07 Busa, his friend on a V rod and one of my employees on a 1250 Bandit.
I know how they ride and they are not spring chicks that are going to do something stupid or dangerous. I have seen some of the packs of sportbike riders in this area and I would not even consider riding with them. We do have some fantastic roads around Mt St Helens to ride.

You mean THIS mountain? :laugh:

IMG_0449 (Medium).jpg

I always ride in the back when it's a group I've never ridden with before. I've found some great people to ride with and some I've never rode with again. You never will find the right ones unless you get out there. Good luck

It's not just you. I am always leary of riding with a new group. Not so much if its just a few people, since i will just hang in the back and observe how they ride.

A group is very different, but shouldn't stop you from going and having a good time. You need to just make sure of a few points.

Make sure there is a "road Captain" and he has had a riders meeting explaining all the rules. ie: NO passing! No Stunting! Use a staggered formation in the straights and single file in the curves. Also rules governing how the group will go thru town with stop lights and all. When all rules have been lined out, he should finish with: If anyone abuses these rules they will be asked to leave the group!

Once you know how things should go, you can count on a degree of consistancy that you can adjust your riding style to suit the group and have a good time.

never been on a ride where any rules where given, VERY good points!!!!

Trust me it is hard to find a good group of guys to ride with around here. I have a few I do ride with.... ones a member here (CrazyArch!) And they ride very well and not beyond there means. But the rest scare the holy P out of me...... I do ride tail gunner in these situations! And when they show how bad they ride..... I leave!

Back