Riding with cruisers or slit my wrists...

diesel

Registered
A bunch of guys from my work keep bugging me to ride to the Leesburg bikefest in Fl with them tommorow.They all have cruisers/choppers. I rode with a couple guys before to show them some cool roads and it was painfully boring. They are always inviting me to ride and I hate blowing them off all the time, but a full day of riding 60mph or less sucks! Oh my God!! A curve! Slow down!
Maybe it will be worth it when we get there and I can watch everyone get drunk and ride home with no gear and get the "sportbikes are dangerous" comments.

I like the guys with the "baddass boyz ride badass toyz" t shirts. I'm like you must have a mean lawnmower 'cuase you're not pushing over 80 hp on that dog!!!! He-he

A bunch of guys from my work keep bugging me to ride to the Leesburg bikefest in Fl with them tommorow.They all have cruisers/choppers. I rode with a couple guys before to show them some cool roads and it was painfully  boring. They are always inviting me to ride and I hate blowing them off all the time, but a full day of riding 60mph or less sucks! Oh my God!! A curve! Slow down!  
Maybe it will be worth it when we get there and I can watch everyone get drunk and ride home with no gear and get the "sportbikes are dangerous" comments.

I like the guys with the "baddass boyz ride badass toyz" t shirts. I'm like you must have a mean lawnmower 'cuase you're not pushing over 80 hp on that dog!!!! He-he
i got the same situation...75% of my machine shop coworkers ride HD cruisers...I rode with'em one time...felt like I was riding in a funeral procession...it was just too weird...they'd sit at stoplights revving their engines and then ride like a pack of organized panzies...about 30 minutes was all i could take...finally gave-up and hoisted the front as I passed the lot of'em riding off into the distance..end result at work monday?...

(2) Said it was cool!
biggrin.gif

(6) said I was gonna kill myself.
wow.gif

(1) said i was an wreckless azzhole and that he'd never ride with me again. (i told him that he was probably right.)

feeling your pain and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Rode with a group of HD/Victory riders once. Never got over 45 in 1 1/2 hours of "riding". But I did get free food at the end of the ride, so it wasn't a total loss.

Go Rent a Harley And Join em'! Seriously, for a day or two, they are fun in a different way! Get a V-Rod or WideGlide and have fun for a day or so solo. OR rent a Big ole' Fuggin Electra Glide and throw Spicey on the back.

Easy, ride your own pace and after a while stop and take a swig of water and let them catch up. The cruiser guys I ride with don't care how fast I ride. We all end up at the same destination at some point.
smile.gif

Lamb rides with a few Harley buddies every now and then. Lamb get great gas mileage:D
laugh.gif
Lambs one buddy John just begs me to let him ride the missile. As of yet, he has not talked me into it! Lamb just loves to here a grown man beg!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Lamb rides with a few Harley buddies every now and then.  Lamb get great gas mileage:D
laugh.gif
Lambs one buddy John just begs me to let him ride the missile.  As of yet, he has not talked me into it!  Lamb just loves to here a grown man beg!
laugh.gif
Yamahor think Lamb talks in the third person. Yamahor scared.
laugh.gif

Diesel, Wheelie past them and see what they say when they FINALLY catch up hours later.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I ride with them every so often and I just look at as a day to really relax and just have fun with em cause their my friends...i do split away now and then and they catch up...usually i make it a pic day and play the game of pull'in over, take a shot, go like he11, pass, pull over, adjust chain and lube & drink water take a leak
laugh.gif
and take another pic...it's fun flying by at triple digits just to see em shudder
mad.gif

I'm going with "slit my wrist"....last time we rode with cruisers, they totally missed lunch. We were done by the time they pulled up. This paticular group wanted to stop about every 20 miles, hit all the roadside attractions, see the 6 legged cow, world's largest prairie dog, etc.... much more into the social scene I guess. They spent more time talking about their scooters then riding. Although the group was super nice and never admitted it, they thought I was f@@kin' nuts. I swear, the most asked question was: doesn't wearing all that "gear" cut down on the enjoyment of the ride? They liked me better after I showed them my Harley Davidson leather thong...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|moondog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146333389 -->

laugh.gif

Just remember when your going nowhere, whenever you get there at whatever speed , your always on time
laugh.gif

The Harley Guys Motto out here
wink.gif

Every once in a while it should be done as a public service: the HD pilots may pick up a new (enlightened) thought or two about motorcycles!

Apparently you guys are just riding with the wrong cruiser pilots!  Like FLRIDER said, ride your own pace and enjoy! Just because a cruiser won't do a buck eighty-five doesnt mean you can't enjoy a ride with them.  Not all cruiser riders are "snail slow"
tounge.gif

Apparently you guys are just riding with the wrong cruiser pilots!  Like FLRIDER said, ride your own pace and enjoy! Just because a cruiser won't do a buck eighty-five doesnt mean you can't enjoy a ride with them.  Not all cruiser riders are "snail slow"
tounge.gif
Hey, your right by me...
cool.gif

tounge.gif
Gotta agree. I ride with a buddy on a HD Fatboy and some of his buddies. Fun ride at whatever speed but they usually run between 80-90.

It is so funny to hear all of you say all of the above.. These are all the reasons why I DIDN'T get a cruiser just yet.. I had the opportunity when I was shopping for my Busa, and just didn't feel ready for that slow-paced stuff yet.

Glad to hear I'm not alone!

BUSAFETT

Back