Riding Lake Okeechobee tomorrow

where is the lake-how long to go around it-any pictures of it-what is speed limit-is it crowded---

where is the lake-how long to go around it-any pictures of it-what is speed limit-is it crowded---

speed limit ??? posted in some parts at 30- 35 through some residential areas and small towns, but that is mostlythrough the south east side of the lake. Mostly 65 mph around the east side, north and the north west side.

Next day post for ride :poke: Thanks for the heads up :badpc: I would have gone if I had seen this post :down:

I wish I could make it. I used to make a trip around it when I was bored. I think it was about 200 miles.
I found the quickest stretches on the North West quarter. We would go around clockwise.

Here is a old picture taken out at port Mayaca..
DSC02807.jpg

DSC02806.jpg

Post some pictures of your trip!

I don't have pictures but I loved that ride when I lived in Lake Worth. I loved stopping at Old Habits and eating "all you can eat" catfish or chicken. The original place was damaged by a hurricane and moved closer to the Okeechobee city turn off. Never went to the new temp spot. Allways went clockwise too! :laugh:

Port Mayaca was a good spot for fishing too; and occasional gator viewing.

Well gents I did not do this ride today, got caught up with broken fridge, new one supposed to be delivered this morning but got here late this afternoon. Will do the ride tomorrow morning instead.

Change of plan Masterblaster not going to make it :( should have gotten your phone number last night going to have make my wat around the lake later in the day...:down:

Is okay B166, did a loop around Miami , and back to house. Wind still beating the hell out of me. Will send PM with number will ride again next Saturday.

I went for a quick ride around the lake this past Monday. It was nice to get out, a little over cast.
I was surprised on how much traffic there was on the North West side between Moore Haven and Okeechobee. I can say that the small towns look even more poor than I have ever seen, I.e Pahokee and Belle Glade.

We stopped in Clewiston for fuel.
1836e13563824e1e5e4c54c436f869e4.jpg

My friends BMW is an awesome bike. BMW really hit a home run with this S1000RR. I would love to have one to toy with but I would trade it in for the comfort of the Busa for the longer rides.

Yeah sems the little towns are dying, a lot of my Harley group is from that area. I will be going that way again this weekend if I can get some tires installed Friday.

Back