Riding Jeans

ggus70

Registered
A few years when I had my first Busa, I had bought 3 pairs of Dragon Jeans at about $200.00 CAD a pair. Over that last couple of years I have not been riding and during that time I have lost about 40 lbs. Bought another Busa a few weeks ago, dug out my riding jeans and they are all way to big for me, still able to use one pair but just though still hangs off me???
Oh its only cash!

Just ordered some Alpinestars regular fit with a zipper! Not button fly like the Dianese. Have not received them yet but will give a review when I do.

Just purchased a pair of AGV cargo pants. They are lined in the inside with Kevlar. They look great and feel really comfortable. Can't really tell looking at them that they are anything other than regular cargo pants but offer the added protection.

buy some Rokker jeans. the rest of are worthless! havn kevlar on knees and hips aint gonna do chit wen u go down cause their just gonna shred. Rokker is 100% protected and aint gonna shred.

buy some Rokker jeans. the rest of are worthless! havn kevlar on knees and hips aint gonna do chit wen u go down cause their just gonna shred. Rokker is 100% protected and aint gonna shred.

$490 and up per pair,, no thanks!

I'll stick with the compacc sliders brand I wear.

$490 and up per pair,, no thanks!

I'll stick with the compacc sliders brand I wear.
well, ill bet if that time comes wen ur dump ur bike on the street traveling at 60 mph and you could hit the "PAUSE" button and dish out $490.00 to save urself from months of skin grafts and a lifetime of pain ill bet ud dish that money out then. $490 vs. being horribly scared and disfigured with months if not a lifetime of discomfort? ull spend that much to save ur head but not ur legs?

ur compact sliders may help a little but ur still gonna have nasty road rash and depending on wat type of surface u slid on will determine how bad its gonna be. ur sliders are in the jeans. as soon as they shred which denim will ur sliders will be flapping around and useless.

I've personally witnessed what ppl look like after sliding in jeans. seen it 30-40 times and most of these are shorter slides cause I work in the city so bikes generally travel slower there wen they crash vs. the highways and many of them have worn protective gear on their hips and knees and they still look like grinded hamburger on the other areas.

if ur extremely lucky u will slide on a flat surface with no debris that gets u snagged up tearing ur leg open. but the reality is the surface is not gonna flat and free of debris and can easily open u up if wearing regular jeans.

the material in the Rokker jeans will hold everywhere so u mite have some burn from the friction or maybe broken bones but u won't be in the hospital for weeks hoping you don't catch a nasty infection from them quite unpleasant skin grafts ur under going.

I hear ya tho its a shiit load of money to spend on jeans wen decent ones can be had for $100-150. but their not completely lined. no comparison. u wudnt wear a leather jacket that exposed 70% of ur upper body? so why wud you wear jeans that only cover 30% of ur legs?

well, ill bet if that time comes wen ur dump ur bike on the street traveling at 60 mph and you could hit the "PAUSE" button and dish out $490.00 to save urself from months of skin grafts and a lifetime of pain ill bet ud dish that money out then. $490 vs. being horribly scared and disfigured with months if not a lifetime of discomfort? ull spend that much to save ur head but not ur legs?

ur compact sliders may help a little but ur still gonna have nasty road rash and depending on wat type of surface u slid on will determine how bad its gonna be. ur sliders are in the jeans. as soon as they shred which denim will ur sliders will be flapping around and useless.

I've personally witnessed what ppl look like after sliding in jeans. seen it 30-40 times and most of these are shorter slides cause I work in the city so bikes generally travel slower there wen they crash vs. the highways and many of them have worn protective gear on their hips and knees and they still look like grinded hamburger on the other areas.

if ur extremely lucky u will slide on a flat surface with no debris that gets u snagged up tearing ur leg open. but the reality is the surface is not gonna flat and free of debris and can easily open u up if wearing regular jeans.

the material in the Rokker jeans will hold everywhere so u mite have some burn from the friction or maybe broken bones but u won't be in the hospital for weeks hoping you don't catch a nasty infection from them quite unpleasant skin grafts ur under going.

I hear ya tho its a shiit load of money to spend on jeans wen decent ones can be had for $100-150. but their not completely lined. no comparison. u wudnt wear a leather jacket that exposed 70% of ur upper body? so why wud you wear jeans that only cover 30% of ur legs?

You make a very valid point, I work in the oil patch and there is no money spared on safety even in times like this when its very slow!

This jean...that jean. 200 bucks vs 400 bucks. Who cares.

#1...you dissapoint me. "Cargo Pants" really? Seriously?

My sister has some Capri pants you can borrow. :rofl:

I only ride in thick leather. Always,everytime.

So, all of you, take all yer "Fancy-Pants" and stick 'em.

Why is this even a topic for debate? We all ride a Haya-fuggin-Busa.

Full,thick,heavy,as much as you can stand to wear no matter how hot it gets outside.

Too hot too wear all your leather? Dont ride that day.

END of disscussion.:rulez:

RSD.

Full,thick,heavy,as much as you can stand to wear no matter how hot it gets outside.

RSD.

but but, but what if your parking lot pimping? :laugh:

A few years when I had my first Busa, I had bought 3 pairs of Dragon Jeans at about $200.00 CAD a pair. Over that last couple of years I have not been riding and during that time I have lost about 40 lbs. Bought another Busa a few weeks ago, dug out my riding jeans and they are all way to big for me, still able to use one pair but just though still hangs off me???
Oh its only cash!

If you ever go West in North Carolina to ride the Dragon, stop by Draggin Jeans in Hickory. They have a whole room with jeans which did not get through quality control and the defects on most are almost not noticeable. Like a small thread stripe on the knee or something. Some are marked down up to 75% and you can search through, try them on etc.

RSD.

:laugh: good ole Rubb.....

You forget that I also have a HD Nightrod?? I wear those cargo pants and light gear like that when I'm just out and about in town. Not gonna put on full race leathers for that. I still have the Teknic track suit that you gave me and upgraded it with a matching set of leather gauntlets and race boots along with a new set of custom knee sliders. When I'm on my Busa and giving her hell thats the required uniform :thumbsup:

Thanks again for hooking me up with that Rubb :beerchug:

RSD.
yea thats great but a lot of ppl go out riding and meet other to either hang out or go out to eat. and leathers just don't fit that bill. in fact, you look like you just walked out of a gay bar wearing all leathers while walking into a restaurant to eat lmao....

not to mention leathers are too hot to wear 70% of the summer days. the Rokker jeans will afford u just about as much protection and cost just about as much a good pair of leathers do.

who wears cargo pants that ur referring to?

:laugh: good ole Rubb.....

You forget that I also have a HD Nightrod?? I wear those cargo pants and light gear like that when I'm just out and about in town. Not gonna put on full race leathers for that. I still have the Teknic track suit that you gave me and upgraded it with a matching set of leather gauntlets and race boots along with a new set of custom knee sliders. When I'm on my Busa and giving her hell thats the required uniform :thumbsup:

Thanks again for hooking me up with that Rubb :beerchug:

Good enough then Bro,just lookin out for my people.:thumbsup:

Great to hear you are getting some good use outa that suit.:beerchug:

Rubb.

yea thats great but a lot of ppl go out riding and meet other to either hang out or go out to eat. and leathers just don't fit that bill. in fact, you look like you just walked out of a gay bar wearing all leathers while walking into a restaurant to eat lmao....

not to mention leathers are too hot to wear 70% of the summer days. the Rokker jeans will afford u just about as much protection and cost just about as much a good pair of leathers do.

who wears cargo pants that ur referring to?

I will always be one of them "Gay bar guys" then. I really dont give a fug what people think. I wear my gear to protect me. Remember,I have been hit HARD.

To each his own....peace.

Rubb.

Here's some more info for the pile.

I tried the Speed and Strength 'Rage against the machine' jeans. They are 12oz denim with kevlar reinforcement and come with CE knee armor and some padding in the hips and seat. They fit great, but I just couldn't get passed how thin they felt and wouldn't ride in them. I sent them back.

I found the Joe Rocket Accelerator jeans at a store, and checked them out. They are also 12oz denim but felt thicker to me. Still didn't feel like they were offering enough protection to defend against road rash though.

Revzilla suggested I try the Scorpion Covert jeans and add the armor to them. They are 14oz denim reinforced with kevlar. I haven't tried them yet, but I may consider them for short rides or to work occasionally.

I wear tourmaster overpants if I'm going somewhere. A bit of a hassle though, and you need to have an office, or a friend with a car to stash them in. I did have a kid come up to me and ask me if i was a policeman when I was wearing them paired with the TM Transition3 jacket.:)

For the time being, I wear my track gear (Joe Rocket blaster X suit) when I'm planning on riding all day. I get some strange looks wherever I stop. I've had LEOs tail me for a while a couple times when I'm out in track gear. I suppose it looks like I'm about to break some laws:)

I had excluded the Rokker's because of price and special care instructions, but I'm going to give them a second look. I'm also looking at that Joe Rocket Survivor suit. Just wear it over whatever, and it's obvious its a riding suit, not a track suit. I'm hoping it's easy to just stash by the door with my helmet and boots, and throw on and go.

GNBRETT - Have you seen how well the Rokker's did at an accident scene? And have you've seen if the other kevlar lined jeans held up to real world conditions? I'm wondering if that Schoeller-Dynatec lining of the Rokker's is what sets them apart and holds them together.

Back