Riding in the rain

I got caught in Down pour today and rode 60-65 and had no problems . I have Dunlops on my Street Glide and it Handles just fine.:thumbsup:

I you have any doubts about motorcycles and rain check out some of the Moto GP races run in the rain... My advice - use the same level of caution you do in a car in the rain. But remember once you get crossed up in the rain on two wheels it's much harder to pull it back together and you don't have the benefit of 3000 lbs of steel, a seat belt and airbags to kept you in one piece. SLOW, SMOOTH and CAUTIOUS and no worries.

I just try and pretend it's a nice sunny day and ride accordingly. The only thing I might do different is ride faster if I don't have my rain gear on and I don't want to get too wet. That's how it is when you live by Seattle.

I read this the other day and didn't think much about it. I got caught in the rain tonight, it wasn't super downpour hide under the over pass rain, but it was definitely coming. I actually did between 85 and 95 the whole time, making sure to slow down in the corners, I felt very safe.

Lol I just got caught in the rain again, I am starting to like this race home against mother nature :-)

Back