Riding Experience

Riding Experience - how much training?

• no training, and no license, but I still ride.

Votes: 165 99.4%
  • some training, no license, but I still ride.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no training, but I do have a valid M class license.

• I tought myself and, I have a license.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • training from the school of hard knocks, I have a license.

• training from a freind/relative, I have license.

• MSF beginners course and a license.

• MSF beginners and advanced course and a license.

• beyond MSF advanced course (please explain).

• to complicated for this poll, allow me to explain in a post...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oracle

Registered
Just curious... How many of us have what kind of training...

(credit section) Stranger gave me the idea for this poll. (/credit section)

I had to the the MSF beginner course twice. Military made me do it twice can't go into details about the situation in case someone of job importance reads here. wink.gif

I taught myself to ride then later went to an advanced motorcycle training course. Focused on swerving, cornering, very hard braking, locking up the rear tire, and emergency braking in a corner. Good stuff.

MSF beginners and advanced course, licensing, and three track days among about 200 days of running curves in the hill country of Texas.

Track days make a huge difference.......finally got my knee down! woohoo!

MSF Beginers, MSF Advanced, both a few years ago. Will be going back to MSF Beginners with a group of newbies from work. Mostly just for giggles, and hey, I'll get to spend another weekend on a REAL High Performance Machine, vroom vroom... I am also looking forward to getting yelled at all day to keep "Four Fingers on Your Clutch and brake" Never have figured out just how in the hell they expect you to hold on...entertainment though...

Good to see so far that no one is riding without a license.

I have done the MSF beginners and advanced courses. This October, I will be going to Kevin Schwantz's school for some intense track training... Only two days long, but still...

32 years of riding experience, on and off track, school and the roads and still it is not enough.

this will sound really noobish of me but can someone run by me what the MSF actually stands for, I know what it is but not the meaning. thanks.

been riding since I was a "wee tot". raced dirt bikes growing up,
been riding the street's since I was 18. )

been riding since I was 11, raced dirt bikes for 9 years "almost went pro but parents told me I had to finish college" Now the Marine Corps gets in the way of me racing full time, certified MSF dirt bike instructor and takin both MSF street courses.

Pimpbike

I taught myself to ride dirtbikes when I was twelve, on a junk Bultaco that friend and I cobbled together out of other junk Bultacos (long story).

Transitioning to the street was natural at 16, and I had several excellent riders to help coach me.

I started taking track classes in '83.

Mike

idea.gif Training.... Hmmm, yes it is a good idea, even for those of us that have been riding for 10+ years.

I've taken both the CMSP's Basic and Advanced Courses as well as being a CMSP Instructor for 3 years. I taught to the Military @ Moffett Field. The Military runs the course on your own bike! Makes it more fun. firedevil.gif

I taught on my '91 ST1100, another great bike. Put 112K miles on it and am finally selling to help pay for my '03 Orange Busa.

idea.gif If you have never taken a training course, DO IT! It helps a lot. I now I have "bad habits" now that I kept in check while I was teaching the course.

idea.gif

Last year, I bought a bike and decided to learn how to drive it afterwards. I had a car's driving license so I needed to take 20 driving lessons and have an exam, in order to have a bike's driving license.
I don't know if there is something similar to MSF in Portugal. I don't think I will participate in a trackday in the near future. I don't ride THAT hard... Cops would say I do.

Mini-bikes!!! jump9.gif

But when i started riding again a few years ago I rode my bike to the MSF classes, which was a great refresher course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back