riding boots suggestions

Busasweety

Registered
Hey guys....looked at buying the SIDI vertigo's std...not corsa.
anyway, for the type of riding Georgia and I do, I think it could be overkill for the sidi's. We also want to be able to shop, walk around, goto dinner and not look like we just came off the race track.
Looked at the Alpine S-MX 2 boot.....I hear they are really nice, light weight,good quality...any hitters on experience ??
Thanks for the input !!

alpine_shoes.jpg

just a thought.. check out "newenough.com" before you buy--- they have some pretty decent prices and some killer clearance deals...just picked my wife and I both up some new boots and overpants--- just got turned on to them and spent $524 soon afterwards--- check'em out they may have what you're looking for-- Chris

if you do decide to go with the Sidi's, contact GSXTacy...he can get you the best prices in town
beerchug.gif

Those Alpinestar shorty's don't offer enough protection but they are better than sports shoes.they are nice looking.

I wear a pair of Icon Super Duty boots when I am just cruising and want to stop and do some walking around. Feel great and offer pretty good protection. Got them by NewEnough, also.

I got a pair of sidi vertigo airs... worth EVERY PENNY!!!! crashed last year at the dragon and did a superman high side, the bike flipped and landed on my leg right on my boot just above the ankle. Heavy bruising but nothing broken!!!!nuff said.....

Anyone have the Sidi Streetburner Boots? Good, bad, comments?
All the online sites I checked are out of stock. Kneedraggers
says the next shipment is due on July 15th.

Get SIDI boots...just find a style that's more of a solid black with more protection than those high-top Pony's you put up.

Get SIDI boots...just find a style that's more of a solid black with more protection than those high-top Pony's you put up.
Dear Keith & Friends

Is more protection necessary for regular street riding?

I'm also in the market for some boots, and I think the tall boots would be too hot here in Georgia.

I bought a pair of Teknic boots from newenough.com years ago...I love 'em...they're comfy and seem to be wearing well year after year...

Dear Keith & Friends

I'm also in the market for some boots, and I think the tall boots would be too hot here in Georgia.
you will find that most of the new boots wil have very good ventilation. i use the oxtar boots and i havent had a complaint about them yet. got them at newenough.com on clearance.

Finally bought a pair of boots.....
decided on Joe Rocket Sonic Boots.......comfortable, waterproof, and economical....we got them at a local dealer for just a couple dollars more than new enough.
Georgia has a pair of Alpinestar S-Mx-2 on order to see if she likes them....

SonicBoot.jpg

Just a word of caution here... I foolishly bought a pair of Puma Hypersport 1000 boots from eBay without trying them on first at a dealer. They were an absolute nightmare to put on, and very uncomfortable. Worst thing of all is that they have a completely flat sole and I had a hell of a job with gear and back brake lever. Plus they make you look like Robocop or something, and leathers are almost impossible to tuck in to the inner 'sock' compartment. They are otherwise nice boots and seem to have excellent protective features, but they are a wash for me as 'busa boots. I'm now £200 in the hole with them unless I keep them for a pillion with size 8 (UK) feet.

If you DO buy these boots without trying them on first, be sure to get a size larger, despite what you may read elsewhere. They are *bloody* tight.

All IMHO and your mileage may definitely vary of course!

Re: SIDI Streetburners:
I internetted a pair from Extreme Supply and got them in a week. They look hot, are very light, and have a vent for the side of the foot. However, the infinitely adjustable buckle uses what looks like fishing line that disappears into an invisible roller mechanism. What do I do when the fishing line or mechanism break? And they will break. You also have to squeeze the outer and inner ankle pads together while connecting the velcro strap, in order to get a tight fit around the ankle. Bottom line: a lot of trouble and risk for fashion. Oh, they come with a strap loop behind the heel, so you can catch it on your rearset when you put your foot down, thus dropping you and the bike on the street so a loaded dump truck can run over your head!

If you got deep pockets, then sure go with some Sidi's. But the Alpine S-MX 2 boot suits me just fine.
No problems here. Luv the look, style and finish !

You have heard it a thousand times,.......dress for the crash,......not for the ride. Sidi vertebra 2 Tepors,....6 years old,......still feel new. I think the Vertigo replaced the Vertebra. Just my 2 cents! At least you're NOT considering tennis shoes!
thumb_up.gif

Back