Riding boot suggestions

ltsrunm

Registered
After nearly dropping the bike on its side in traffic last night because my shoestring wrapped around the foot peg, I've decided it's time to get boots. Does anyone have suggestions about what brand and type? I ride on the street only and am not an aggressive type rider. Just looking for something simple and safe. Thanks.

After nearly dropping the bike on its side in traffic last night because my shoestring wrapped around the foot peg, I've decided it's time to get boots. Does anyone have suggestions about what brand and type? I ride on the street only and am not an aggressive type rider. Just looking for something simple and safe. Thanks.

:rofl: Wow !?!? & i thought i was the only one that had moments like this... >>> pulled up at lights in peak hour in middle of city, went to put foot down>>>& foot stopped short of road by approx. 4" (courtesy of shoe-string wrapped around foot-peg). Bike already leaned to that side & down i go, pinned at the knee by bike>>> couldn't move at all !! Guy in car behind me came to the rescue (probably pissed himself laughing later on [like i did]) !!!
My most embarrassing get-off was also my funniest (at least i hindsight, anyway) :rofl:

loose pant legs will do the same thing for you once in a while. Hang up on the peg and leave you propless with an embarassing tip over :-)

I've had lots of different boots and Sidi is my favorite of all. The are the most popular but also the most expensive. You can pick up a pair of Sidi Vertigo Boots for $300 and they will last you for many years to come.

Proper riding boots can save you years of pain and agony from one or both crushed ankles. Take it from someone whom has crashed many times. When you hit the deck and do the old body flip and your feet are both slammed into the asphalt with the force of a mack truck running over them, tennis shoes can leave you permanently crippled. Even with the best racing boots, I have had my ankle turn completely black and the size of a soft ball from impact.

Buy good boots and WEAR THEM!

I have two sets of boots, my newest set if the Sidi Canyons, love them on the bike, and great for walking around. I also have a set of Oxtars, even better than the Sidi's on the bike, but you cant walk around for crap in them.

Both my boots and gloves are Joe Rocket SpeedMasters. Beautifully made with lots of attention to detail (thats what you pay for) and even though the boots are track style you can still walk in them pretty well. These are both previous gen as the new style JR is plasticy that I don't like.

I have a pair of TCX X-Square II boots/shoes that are comfortable and easy to walk around in. Best of all, they have a Velcro flap that covers the loose lace ends and CE armor in the ankle and toe area.

TCX Boots

TCX.jpg

check out Vega boots.. they are comfortable for all day wear and don't look like you just stepped out of the MotoGP.. they are cheap too... but I'm sure someone is gonna flame away.. yes I have cheap feet!

BTW.. I bought mine on Amazon.com (thanks GOOGLE!)

I've ridden in coboy boots, high tops, engineer boots and now ride exclusively in Sidi B2 boots. Sidi or similar is the way to go. While the B2's are great in comfort and protection, next time I'll upgrade to the top of the line models for the ultimate in protection.

Best of luck!

I love my new boots. Perferated is the way to go when its hot out.:thumbsup:

Default.jpg

These are actualy riding shoes.I dragrace in them but you could street ride as well.comftrable as house slippers.Alpinestar fairly trusted brand I got my from DENNIS Kirk they take orders 24/7 I normally wear size 12 shoe but got these in 13 + they fit good.I would recomend order 1 size larger than you wear.There return policy real fair if any probs.THere easy 2 get on +off.

Alpinestars S-MX 1 Riding Shoes - DennisKirk.com

Im on my 2nd year with these.Still in great shape.

e34050076.jpg

those TCX Boots somebody else posted look sweet 2.I prefer flat type bottom not saying thats best thats just me.I dont want any heel.

Last edited:
Love my AStars so far, curious how I'll like em after tomorrows 2 wk tour!. Raydog

P1020479.JPG

Back