Rider waves

busa-josh

Got Tires?
Donating Member
Registered
Top Ten Reasons Why BMW Riders Don't Wave Back.

10. New Aerostich suit too stiff to raise arm.
9. Removing a hand from the bars is considered "bad form."
8. Shoulder too stiff from camping on the ground the night before.
7. Too sore from an 800-mile day on a stock "comfort" seat.
6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to ipod, XM, or talking on the cell phone.
5. He's an Iron Butt rider and you're not!.
4. Wires from Gerbings is too short.
3. You're not riding the "right kind" of BMW.
2. You haven't been properly introduced. And the number one reason...
1. Afraid it will be misinterpreted as a friendly gesture.

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.
9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.
8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.
7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.
6. The expresso machine just finished.
5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.
4. Was in a three-way conference call with stock broker and accessories dealer.
3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.
1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on the dashboard.

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
9. Leather and studs make it too hard to raise arm.
8. Refuses to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
7. Afraid to let go of the handlebars because they might vibrate off.
6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.
5. Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.
4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by those rice-burner manufacturers.
3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.
1. They're jealous that after spending $20,000, they still don't own a Gold Wing.
modify_inline.gif

round here everyone waves back....if the dont i chase them down and make them:laugh:

FYI the two finger wave in the UK is the same as the one finger wave in the states. Need to know stuff when trying to make friends abroad...

I saw a guy on a BMW today, i was in my cage so i didnt wave, but he just looked like a snob anyway

It is 90% Harley's here and most of them are OK. There are quite a few who are just hard core though & if you are not on a Harley you don't exist. :moon:

I live near Clearlake California...which is methamphetamine capitol of N. Cal...and the Harley guys around here come big and hairy..I swear to heavens..I saw a guy today and I thought it was a Saint Bernard or a Newfoundland dog driving that hog. Anyhow, up here we don't bother with any form of social interaction...It's like the water buffaloes and zebras on the Kalahari plains..hardly any interaction. I think the big V twins have vibrated them to sleep or they are having some sort of orgasim and no one wants to be interrupted during that special moment. Don't let it get to you...and don't feel like a loser. There are some decent folks on Harleys..but they have the herd mentality and somehow the herd just thinks it is uncool to be friendly with another biker not of their own herd mentality. I owned several Harleys and would never go back to a big Vtwin. I hate the lack of cornerning, lack of accleration, and the terrible vibration. I posted these comments before about this Harley versus sportsbike mentality...but a black motorcyle group in Oakland, one of their officers, told me that they made a huge mistake when they chose Harleys as their platform and wish to high heavens they had gone with a large cruiser sportsbike..I asked why and he said the initial cost of the Harleys was almost 200 percent more money when finished. High cost of repairs...and the number one reason...getting their asses constantly handed to them in a handbasket by sportsbikes...so, just softly chuckle to yourself when someone doesn't reciprocate your friendly and happy behavior...they are riding under a black cloud and can't stand the fact that you are happy and friendly and they are cursed cause they can't feel anything from their biceps down....:whistle: 2hip

Back