Rider height

Perrogrande

Registered
Sup all. I am new to this board, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a rider height restriction on the busa. I am getting bike fever as I just sold my last bike a few months ago. I am now looking at the sport bikes. I have always rode big bikes and I saw the busa and thought that it would be big enough for me. BTW I am 6'5" tall and I wear a 32 length pant so my height is mostly in my upper body. Would this be a problem for me on the busa?

As far as any sportbike goes, you will probably find the Busa pretty comfortable. I am 6'1" and 245lbs, with about a 35" inseam, I find there is good legroom, and the only uncomfortable thing is the bent over riding position if you are not used to it at slow speed. With your upper body height you will probably be sitting a lot more upright than I do, but comfort is all what you like. Try sitting on one in the showroom if they will let you near it.

I appreciate the info. I know what you are talking about with the dealers. I tried to sit on a bike some years ago and the salesman told me to remove my belt first, so it wouldn't scratch the paint on the tank. I have also noticed that there seems to be a lot of older riders riding the busa. This seems to be a testament to the riding comfort of the bike.

5'11" here and comfortable.
aktion035.gif

One of my staff is 6'5" and loves riding my Busa, long arms and legs seem to fit great.

I appreciate the response. I went by a local dealers yesterday to see if they had a busa. They didn't, but they had me try a ZX12 and said that it would outrun the busa. I didn't believe them. I think they were only trying to move their in stock product. I also sat on a GSX1000, but it didn't fit like the ZX. I am going to hold out for a busa though. Also the salesman said that the GSX 1000 was faster than the busa because it is lighter, is this true.

Older, well I will be 49 this summer. I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam. The bike fits me great. Don't worry about the power, nothing like it. Ya, Suzuki's little brother is probably faster at times. I'm not into wheelies (got bad neck problems as it is), so I'm sure a good rider on the baby would smoke me. Ran with an old CB750F earlier this week. This guy was flat out most of the time - the Busa was just cruising. What was great is we had a good time anyways...

I am 32 and I have been riding for most of my life. (My parents put me on a three wheeler when I was three Years old.) It has pretty much been from then on that I have been riding. I have always wanted a sport bike and I believe now is the time to get one. I just sold my Kaw Voyager, which I loved on the long trips, but I don't have the time for the long trips anymore. Plus I live in GA so I have pretty much all year riding weather. BTW I am not bragging
biggrin.gif

Back