Rider height

Perrogrande

Registered
Sup all. I am new to this board, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a rider height restriction on the busa. I am getting bike fever as I just sold my last bike a few months ago. I am now looking at the sport bikes. I have always rode big bikes and I saw the busa and thought that it would be big enough for me. BTW I am 6'5" tall and I wear a 32 length pant so my height is mostly in my upper body. Would this be a problem for me on the busa?

BigDog

Registered
As far as any sportbike goes, you will probably find the Busa pretty comfortable. I am 6'1" and 245lbs, with about a 35" inseam, I find there is good legroom, and the only uncomfortable thing is the bent over riding position if you are not used to it at slow speed. With your upper body height you will probably be sitting a lot more upright than I do, but comfort is all what you like. Try sitting on one in the showroom if they will let you near it.

Perrogrande

Registered
I appreciate the info. I know what you are talking about with the dealers. I tried to sit on a bike some years ago and the salesman told me to remove my belt first, so it wouldn't scratch the paint on the tank. I have also noticed that there seems to be a lot of older riders riding the busa. This seems to be a testament to the riding comfort of the bike.

MET

The Watcher
Registered
One of my staff is 6'5" and loves riding my Busa, long arms and legs seem to fit great.

Perrogrande

Registered
I appreciate the response. I went by a local dealers yesterday to see if they had a busa. They didn't, but they had me try a ZX12 and said that it would outrun the busa. I didn't believe them. I think they were only trying to move their in stock product. I also sat on a GSX1000, but it didn't fit like the ZX. I am going to hold out for a busa though. Also the salesman said that the GSX 1000 was faster than the busa because it is lighter, is this true.

hank

Registered
Older, well I will be 49 this summer. I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam. The bike fits me great. Don't worry about the power, nothing like it. Ya, Suzuki's little brother is probably faster at times. I'm not into wheelies (got bad neck problems as it is), so I'm sure a good rider on the baby would smoke me. Ran with an old CB750F earlier this week. This guy was flat out most of the time - the Busa was just cruising. What was great is we had a good time anyways...

Perrogrande

Registered
I am 32 and I have been riding for most of my life. (My parents put me on a three wheeler when I was three Years old.) It has pretty much been from then on that I have been riding. I have always wanted a sport bike and I believe now is the time to get one. I just sold my Kaw Voyager, which I loved on the long trips, but I don't have the time for the long trips anymore. Plus I live in GA so I have pretty much all year riding weather. BTW I am not bragging
biggrin.gif

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rubbersidedown BIG thanks and shout out to Kiwi Rider Random Thoughts 1
Kiwi Rider Bent footpeg bracket (rider's) Straighten or Replace? Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 17
rubbersidedown Went out for a walk last night with Kiwi Rider Random Thoughts 2
R Negative Ghost Rider Videos 34
WuzzaCBXRider Sad news of a Busa rider from another site General Bike Related Topics 3
rubbersidedown Rider skillz Random Thoughts 1
rubbersidedown Rider to passenger intercoms,the good the bad the ugly General Bike Related Topics 8
T I'm a spontaneous rider Random Thoughts 11
T Rider aids, farkles, bells and whistles Random Thoughts 28
T You might be a Busa rider if... We Need Some Humor 15
T Harley Rider Pre-Ride Check list We Need Some Humor 13
kml Heard some great safety advice from a cruiser rider.... General Bike Related Topics 34
Scotty_R8 Fallen Rider Bike Show Off Topic 9
B Frustrated new busa rider !!! General Bike Related Topics 12
omslaw Fallen Rider - NHGUNNUT General Bike Related Topics 16
Jvance22 New busa rider! New Owners Forum 14
c10 Guest Rider Over Tonight General Bike Related Topics 10
FLY_BY New To Site - Veteran Busa Rider New Owners Forum 10
wabill Another New Hayabusa Rider New Owners Forum 7
Ezz1r Future Rider !! Videos 1
Diva Call To Action! Motorcycle Rider Protest At The Capitol - Friday 3/17 11am Pacific Northwest 29
mabupa Do You Know This Busa Rider With 106,000 Miles? General Bike Related Topics 26
Busa_J Long Time Rider, 1st Busa New Owners Forum 10
Jugghed 1441 Carpenters Motor Everday Rider? General Bike Related Topics 8
skydivr Rip Fallen Rider Tn Random Thoughts 19
J Long time rider, first time Haybusa New Owners Forum 11
boosa06 new busa rider/racer 1/4 Mile 18
boosa06 New rider and busa owner here New Owners Forum 31
A New Busa Rider Bought an 09 New Owners Forum 18
DeepSingh Hello everyone.. New busa rider here :) New Owners Forum 18
skydivr Sportbike Track Time announces New Rider Incentive Program June 2015 General Bike Related Topics 16
IBBW New owner, old rider New Owners Forum 10
SSGT_B New Busa Rider.....Pics Random Thoughts 3
M I Let my rider down... 1/4 Mile 8
theshnizzle looking for some help from a Cincinnati rider...cause I'm canoodian! Random Thoughts 2
IG. My response to Sport Rider Magazine newsletter, dated November 25, 2014 General Bike Related Topics 17
T Easy Rider Harley-Davidson Most Expensive Bike Ever $1.35 million General Bike Related Topics 8
Diva New Hayabusa Owner, Lady Rider from the PNW New Owners Forum 8
Lenbo TX Rider with a "new to me" 'Busa! New Owners Forum 25
Tufbusa Amazing Rider only one arm & one leg General Bike Related Topics 11
Cisco2238 New rider Needs new gear Riding Gear 13
Hayabusa4life My little rider! Random Thoughts 11
skydivr A new track rider's 'education' begins.. General Bike Related Topics 3
Kogeltje New busa rider from Holland / Rotterdam New Owners Forum 12
fallenarch Thoughts on turning as a sport touring rider General Bike Related Topics 41
Z Fellow Hayabusa rider needs Your help! General Bike Related Topics 3
cheferman65 Sad news, rider lost General Bike Related Topics 40
MC MUSTANG Pic of Rooster Rider Random Thoughts 5
flyingscot Another rider from the UK New Owners Forum 4
D_phi_D New busa rider with questions, please help General Bike Related Topics 13