Rider Down

BusaBret

Almost......
Donating Member
Registered
A friend of my son's and his girlfriend went down the day before yesterday. A truck pulled out in front of them about a block and a half from his father's house. Both were killed instantly and neither was wearing helmets. He was 20 years old and I do not know the girls age for certain.

R.I.P. Barry

what a tragedy...prayers sent for the friends and family...RIP

sad.gif
Very tragic

Sorry to hear. This time of the year you have to be extra careful. Cagers aren't use to seeing us anymore.

Sad news to hear. I noticed yesterday on the way to work, that out of the 10-12 other cyclist I saw in the 5 mile trip I was the only one wearing any gear. Its taken me a while but I dont like to ride without the lid for reason's such as this. RIP

I'm so sad to hear this. I pray for the family and friends left behind . ATGATT!!

BusaBret,
I am truly sorry for your loss. I have a question and please don't think I am rude. If you know, is there a chance the rider/passenger would have made had they been wearing gear or at the very least a lid?

Don

BusaBret,
I am truly sorry for your loss. I have a question and please don't think I am rude. If you know, is there a chance the rider/passenger would have made had they been wearing gear or at the very least a lid?

Don
Probably not. Speed was enough though not excessive with so little time to react that they both ended up under the truck.
When my son called me and told me it had happened the next thing he told me was the no helmet part. All I could do was shake my head and wonder the same thing you were. I am sure that a lot of us can remember times in our younger days when we did the same thing.

Thanks all for the kind words.
Over the last ten years Barry has spent quite a few nights at our house. After I got my bike he and I talked quite a bit about riding and the risks that go along with riding. He asked on several occasions why I wore heavy boots, gloves and a jacket. My reply was that any discomfort would be forgotten if something happened and I went down. I guess I should have stressed the need for a minimum of gear more.
He was a very good kid and will be missed.

Back