Rider down

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Sends some prayers out for this guy who just went down at the css. Started to endo doing stops on 60mph braking exercises and panicked came down while on the throttle and braking at the same time then highsided. Probably not explained well.

He didn't get up. Ambulance just got here. He's conscious but can't be feeling to good.

Survival reactions are horribly dangerous and end up hurting more than if just doing nothing. Be safe guys.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Prayers sent! Helmet? Gear?

he met the minimum requirements. Long sleeves long pants gloves and helmet. Idk if it was a riding jacket and actual riding gloves. Bike is totalled

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

No leathers required? Really?

That should be a requirement for any course doing high performance maneuvers....

Sorry about your friend Russ. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that he has no serious injuries.

Brakes are the toughest aspect of riding to master.

He had no broken bones from when I talked to the corpsman. His bike, just like i said, is definitely totaled. There is frame damage and enough for an insurance company to scrap it.

So from the details that dylan told us all from the first hand knowledge of the coach that was the closest to him, the guy had been having problems rolling on the throttle while trying to brake hard. He went into the gate at 60mph hit his brakes while rolling on the throttle and the rear came off the ground which scared him. He let go of the brakes obviously still on the throttle and when the rear came down he just crashed (highsided, idk, details other than he crashed arent known). So really it was all due to him freaking out.

It scared me to death at first because I though it was on of my guys who is a buddy of mine off duty. I would've felt terrible for signing him up and that happening to him. But it wasn't thankfully.

I feel bad for the guy. All he has is some srapes, bruises, broken ego, and a totalled bike. Better he do it in a safer environment on a marine corps installation with california superbike school personnel there than on the street though...

We will more than likely get some more info tomorrow. I took some pics of the bike that I will upload in a bit.

Sorry to hear and I hope he heals quick. Will ins cover that if he's at like a racing event or since it's titled a school is he gonna be ok on that?

Back