RIDE TO BEAR MT NY

shean1

Registered
Hey guys, as a new memeber that has not even been able to post pictures I dont post to often but I do read every day. Lots of great info thanks to ALL!!!

Just wanted to take the time to share my thoughts about a nice ride I took with friends yesterday. Three riders left out from in front of my driveway here in the Bronx NYC.
A Kawi  ZX 9, Honda CBR954RR and me on the 2003 Silver and grey Busa, all headed across the George Washington Bridge to meet up with my brother at a scenic overlook on the northbound side of the Palisades Parkway in NJ.
My brother was riding the worked ZX11 he inherited from me when I picked up my Silver and grey 2003 Busa. We played it straight and rode at legal speeds all the way to Bear Mt with a few bursts of 100 mph here and there, but all in all on the safe side, the Palasades Parkway is notorious for speed traps.. Man I gotta say, modern sports bike might as well be going backwards at 75mph, it feels so slow.
Any way,about 45 miles later we arrived at Bear mountain and proceeded to ride the winding curved road to the top, VERY FUN!!!  
smile.gif

The top of the mountain is a favorite meeting place for riders of all types in the NY,NJ, CT area.  I got nice pics of that also.
Me and the boys made friends with a fellow from Bergen NJ riding a 2006 BMW K1200R who said he knew I good place to eat a few miles away from the foot of the mountain so off we went.
Long story short we rode 15 miles to a really nice village along the Hudson river call Cold spring NY. (NY route 9D)
Had brunch in a nice out door restaurant called the Cold Springs Depot which just happens to offer live Jazz out doors on Sundays very relaxing! GOOD FISH AND CHIPS TOO..
After lunch me and the fellas hit the road heading south back to NYC via NJ for a longer ride. Coming home we let the Beemer take lead for a while since he was more familar with the area. Let me just say that the big Beemer can run.. He set the cruise control at about 120 and cruised there for about 10 Miles.
At that point I decided it was about time, and the setting was appropriate for me to uncork the Busa for a few miles.  
biggrin.gif

So I reeled all the bikes in from behind passing them in the left lane at about 163...  Had plenty more but rolled off becuase I could not get tucked in enough becuase I had my small manta tank bag mounted. The wind is brutal @ 160.
After I met my silly boyish need to taste the speed I slowed it back down to more like 90, which was comfortable as a group.
One down side to the day was, we lost my brother on my old ride the ZX11... NOT LOST HIM LIKE HURT..
He didnt keep up.. Keep reading you will see what I mean.
He was afraid to twist the rist... He said we dissapeared in front of him like UFOs on a radar screen   Luckilly he knew the route we were going because even after all of us slowing down to a painfull 55mph for about 3 miles the big ZX11 never caught up.
Later that evening I called him to make sure he got home ok, he did.
I asked him what happened he said he did not want to ride above his skill set
(our speeds were just too fast)... I Gotta respect that..

All of us made it home safe, saw new places, made new friends and got to taste some speed.
(and good food and music)

Oh yeah, and no tickets for any one...
Beutiful sunny day about 72 degrees.., this is what its all about.

Just wanted to share, also if we have any one in the NYC area feel free to drop me a line.

Shean  
2003 Hayabusa Silver and Grey
RS3 Boltons
TRE

--------------
Shean

Shean, no pics man, what's with that, and never leave a rider dude, especially your brother and especially on a Kawi
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

sounds good , keep aug 25 - 26 open  there should be a ride upstate  and we will be stopping in the bronx to pick up additional riders  last few rides we hav had between 6 - 12 busa  
beerchug.gif
  bear mountain and the surrounding area is a favorite destination of mine  , seein all the bikes at the top always amazes me when i roll around that last bend  
SHOCKED.gif

Aug 25 - 26 works , just confirm with me A week before,
How far north are we talking about riding???

As far as my pictures go, im not real savy with the old magic box (computer)  
biggrin.gif
... I try to upload them and get error messages saying file to large..
If any one wants to see them email me and I will send then directly to ya! just let me know..
sheanmason@msn.com

Im afraid that if I keep trying to upload the magic box will get angry at me and capture my soul like africans and camaras!  
iamwithstupid.gif

Also just for the record, when im riding with a group im always concerned for my fellow riders. We all slowed down to 55mph and held that speed for at least 3 miles.
Because the ZX 11 my brother was riding was mine and I now how much money was spent on the motor and tranny I knew that if he wanted too, he could have easilly kept up. Although the ZX is not geared for the top end of my BUS, I have driven away from Busas on the same ZX 11 from 0 - 150 mph,
What it really comes down to is my brother had no intention of even trying to keep up to the point were we could still see him in our mirrors.
Riding with someone like that is like riding with your grand mother follwing you.
When im with a group, I always keep up if I dont know the route, within safe following distance.
In addition I will ask if we have newer riders so I can keep an eye on them.. Plus he my bro, older bro at that and sometimes he just a liitle nuts..

(johnstein @ Jul. 02 2007,19:21) sounds good , keep aug 25 - 26  open  there should be a ride upstate  and we will be stopping in the bronx to pick up additional riders  last few rides we hav had between 6 - 12 busa  
beerchug.gif
  bear mountain and the surrounding area is a favorite destination of mine  , seein all the bikes at the top always amazes me when i roll around that last bend  
SHOCKED.gif
johnstein hit me up in advance. I would love to go.

beerchug.gif
good for your bro not wanting to ride above his comfort level. That is playing it safe and staying unhurt to ride another day.
super.gif

(BlueHaya @ Jul. 02 2007,18:08)
beerchug.gif
good for your bro not wanting to ride above his comfort level. That is playing it safe and staying unhurt to ride another day.
super.gif
+1

Glad you all had a good ride and most of all a safe and ticket free ride!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

ike i will let you know and will also hit up everyone from the surrounding areas , dont have a destination yet not to far upstate but far enough to get away from NYC / Long Island and i do not think anybody has ever been left behind ? it is usualy pretty conservative riding , but there are times when i got to fly !
super.gif
but i will be waiting around the bend . cant fly forever

And the last shot...the Busa of course looks the best! Looks like a great ride!
beerchug.gif

shean_003.jpg

Back