Ride report....MRA Vario

voodoolord

Registered
I finally got one. This is the screen I wanted before I went on my road trip last year but they were out of stock and are imported from Germany so I got the Zero Gravity sport touring screen instead. I was not very happy with the Zero because it seemed to direct the wind blast right into my face shield. I had bought it hoping it would direct it over my head. I noticed immediately the difference with the Vario. The majority of the wind blows right over your head at any speed in a nearly upright position. At slower speed the wind is hardly noticeable, at 160 I tucked about 2 inches and it smoothed out right over my head. Im pretty impressed so far. Its not as vertical as the sport touring screen and looks pretty good on the Busa in my opinion.

IMG_0901_zps63e67fe1.jpg

IMG_0902_zps6fa1f973.jpg

IMG_0903_zps80d3e77f.jpg

IMG_0905_zps523364c2.jpg

That's different looking. I just added the zero double bubble but haven't taken the bike out since install.

I'm in the same boat, sort of... last year I shopped for a Vario, but couldn't fine one, so I bought a ZGST from Pashnit. I put 7000 miles on the ZG last season, and it seems fine, but I'd still like to try the Vario. I just checked Twisted T and they are out of stock in both flavors. I've been tempted to buy a Laminar Lip and experiment with that if I can't find a Vario.

Where did you find yours?

I have had one on my busa for about 3 years now and would not go back if some one paid me. I ride 120 miles round trip to work on mostly interstate and this screen has been a life saver. Other than the cruise control, I would say this is one of the best mods I have done to my bike.

I typically ride with the wing all the way up to get more air flow higher. I also have heli-bars and 3/4 inch risers, so maybe being upright a bit more is why.

It works very well in the rain too. Of course you are still going to get wet, but I can tuck at a much more comfortable level with the MRA Vario than I could before.

I'm in the same boat, sort of... last year I shopped for a Vario, but couldn't fine one, so I bought a ZGST from Pashnit. I put 7000 miles on the ZG last season, and it seems fine, but I'd still like to try the Vario. I just checked Twisted T and they are out of stock in both flavors. I've been tempted to buy a Laminar Lip and experiment with that if I can't find a Vario.

Where did you find yours?

Twisted Throttle last thursday :laugh:

Back