Ride out 1st, or short shift to 2nd

Z28McCrory

Registered
Hey guys

Im kinda new to bikes in general. Just curious if its best to practice trying to keep the front down in 1st, or if i should just short shift to second so i can go full throttle sooner.

Im on a bone stock K8

Thanks

Zack

to get your best E.T. your going to want to stay on the throttle all the way through all the gears, if you lower your bike with lowering links, and strap the front end down with a strap that will help alot to keep the front end down.. then you just have to practice clutch and throttle controll. lol i know its hard to keep it from wheeling, i lowered mine 2 inches in the rear and it still wants to stand up, but im going to strap the front next race and im sure that will help alot.

I ride a Stock Motor SWB busa and leave at 5k rpm and get to wot as fast as I can while sliding clutch never pop clutch lever at top or it will instantly wheelie.I ride the clutch till I got tons of wheel speed then let it go and it reduces wheelies alot..

Kinda off topic... but do you guys think an air shifter would be a good first mod? This is a bike i ride on the street most of the time, and im a big guy (6'3" 270lbs) so its already a bit "lowered" from my big ass, lol.

Well my opinion on modding is don't do anything to it until you have already improved a lot as a racer. If you mod too much too fast you will be one of the turbo guys getting beat by stock bikes because they are better riders. I have been slowly modding my bike so that I get better on it. If you get really fast on a barely modded bike, just think how much faster you'll be than the other guys when you are making as much power as them
cool.gif

If you are good at "blipping" the throttle, an air shifter is not going to pick you up very much, I didn't. BUT, it I installed it to keep from missing second gear occasionally. And if it starts to wheelie in first, I can hit the button and the front will come back down.

Back