Ride around Outer Banks NC (OBX)

Powers739

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I decided to do it again - a quick trip around the outer banks (OBX). First it was a 3 hour ride to get to the Ferry to Ocracoke for a 2 hour boat ride. Then head North up the island and across for a few more hours. When it was all said and done, it was around 500 miles, 2 ferries, 15 hours, no speeding tickets, no accidents and one bald tire now.

So here are a few pictures... I didn't stop to capture anything real good, just a few snap shops on the go...

Highway 17, not too many cars
DSC09917.jpg

Last edited:
Once out on the outer banks, motorcycles don't have to wait in line for the ferry, they get to go ahead...
DSC09937.jpg

Love the scenery. First picture looks fun. Cant believe you didn't get any tickets with that kind of road in front of ya. :beerchug:

Love the scenery. First picture looks fun. Cant believe you didn't get any tickets with that kind of road in front of ya. :beerchug:

Been there done that the last time through (July 5th, 2008).
Not to say I didn't get on it a few times here and there... just didn't cruise at 80.

Thanks for sharing. Now strap a fishing rod to your bike and get down to business.

Been looking to do a ride that combines the outer banks....looks like fun. Thanks for sharing the pics:beerchug:

we've had this ride on the books for a while. Just haven't had the time to do it. Not to mention 13 hrs seat time is a bit much for one day. We're gonna give it a shot one day lol

Back