Rhythmical knock at front sprocket

08Busa51

Registered
I was returning from a ride and heard a weird knocking sound as I pulled off. After returning home, I checked the drive sprocket and found the teeth had started to curl. Examined the chain and it was good. Changed out the front sprocket and tried it again. The knocking sound is still there, but is faint. Can anyone give me a heads up on what I should be searching for? I ride an 08 busa.

I'm sure the drive shaft has a bearing, but I change my sprockets and chain as a set as a rule. I ride fairly hard and just changed the sprockets and chain out on my '08 at nearly 32K miles. My chain had been clicking for about 1K miles. The rear sprocket looked good but the front sprocket was starting to saw blade. Hope it's minor.

I'm thinking a kink in the chain also, or possibly some missing o-rings causing some slack.

Sure its not on the clutch side?

Surely the tsb for loosening clutch has been done.

Is it all stock? Some purple changed the rearset bolts and they contacted the chain.

Put it up on a rearstand try to figure out exactly where its coming from.

Put it up on the rear stand to try again to isolate the knocking sound and nothing. The sound only occurs after the chain has heated up. That's when its very noticeable. Could it possibly be in the chain? I've had this chain, rear supersprox and front sprocket on about 20k. I put them on as a set. When the knocking started I found the front sprocket teeth had started to curl upward. That lead me to believe the sprocket was causing the knocking. After changing out the front sprocket and the sound continued I'm seeking a direction to look. Any help would greatly appreciated!

Back