Review of icon retro daytona jacket

alocker

Registered
I just recieved an Icon Retro Daytona leather jacket in black yesterday, so I figured I would try it out. Weather was sunny with temps in the low 30's. The streets where clean and I just cannot wait any longer to ride this thing. I cant believe how this thing pulls from as low as 3500 rpm.

members.cox.net images missing

The jacket comes with a vintage look. Kinda like jeans you can buy that look a little beat up. It gives the leather a weathered, matte look. The leather is not super thick, it specs out at 1.2 to 1.4 mm. It has a relaxed, strait cut fit which is perfect for riding a Hayabusa.

The liner is quilted and snaps in at the armpit and 2 snaps at the end of the sleeves. It's comfortable and doesnt bunch up when you put it on.

A nice feature is the zippers on the side that allow you to loosen the waist of the jacket for a more comfortable fit. It will probably come in handy when its hot and you need more breathability.

On the bike this jacket is great. Fits nicely when in position and protects from the wind. The colar and zipper are high enough not to let any air in. One thing is you can feel cold air coming in through the main center zipper. The liner doesnt cover this area which is why I can feel cold air. I dont plan on riding in 30 degree wheather regularly, but a consideration for someone doing cold wheather riding.

Overall, Im extremly happy with the quality for the price. The patches are a little squidly, but I did have Hooker Headers on my Chevelle, and I did love them. The armor and leather thickness are not like the top quality jackets out there, but this is a street jacket that I got for $290.00 shipped. My fatass weighs 290 lbs. and at 6'3", it fits great, probably slightly big for maximum saftey if I went down, but I have to be comfortable. The size is XXXL 52-54. Hope this helps someone out.

Thanks, I just bought the Icon Motorhead posted up by gmbusa, can't wait to see it.

Nice jacket. I like both of your exercise machines! LOL

biggrin.gif

nice, i just got the "motorhead" style. the neck is open more...hmm

Back