Review -- Joe Rocket Speedmaster

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay folks, one of the things that I like to do is offer reviews of things that I purchase so that everyone can have a little more information when it's time for them to buy. I purchased many things prior to my trip to Reno and it's time to tell you about how they worked...

I have been trying to get my hands on leathers for several years, I have actually ordered 5 sets over the past couple of years and I was never able to get them sized just right until know. I worked with Mike McCoy at tobefast.com and he was able to get me sized and the gear delivered before we left for the ride.

I was very concerned with the gear before I left, I have never worn leathers and I knew that we would be going to some very hot places to ride. I put my leathers on before we left but I had never ridden with them on until the very day that we took off on the bikes. I can tell you that they were very comfortable and after wearing jeans for years I can report that they were actually cooler than wearing jeans and they were also more comfortable to ride in. The pants have a thinner material along the crotch and inner thigh that allows air to flow through and they are padded in the hips and butt. The inner perforated liner allowed me to wear the pants without sticking to the leather.

pants.jpg

The jacket was great too, ventilated by zippers in the back and it also had the thinner material that went down the entire inside of each arm. This allowed air to simply rush right through your arms and out the back... Adjustable sleeve snaps and wrist zippers and velcro allowed me to adjust how tight the jacket was to take up extra material so I didnt get beat to death with material flapping in the wind.

jacket.jpg

After having Uncle Steve and BA Busa tease me about having to have them help me zip them together I was able to figure out how to do it on my own in just a matter of minutes..... I wanted the protection of a full one piece but I wanted to be able to shed the jacket when we stopped for lunch or a break. Having the ability to zip them together was huge in the end......

I could not be any happier with the gear, we rode across the Salt Flats and while I was hot I wasnt any hotter than I would have been in jeans....

cap.jpg

Great product purchased from a very patient company.......

CAp

pants.jpg

jacket.jpg

cap.jpg

Last edited:
Glad they worked out for ya. They look good and Joe Rocket has never failed me :thumbsup:

great to hear cap i have been looking at this set just hadnt decided on what to get yet great review though

Joe Rocket stuff is excellent and the quality of the Speedmaster line is top notch. I have Speedmaster gloves and boots and the attention to detail is what you pay the money for. I also tried on the Speedmaster pants a week ago and plan on buying them before the end of the season.:thumbsup:

plan on buying them before the end of the season

Make sure you hit up tobefast.com and see if they can beat the price you have.....

Heay CAP. We are about the Same Size. I think my GUT is a little Bigger :whistle:

You think Mike McCoy can take care of me :thumbsup:

Joe Rocket makes pretty dang good leathers. A tad on the heavy side but they stand up well in a crash. My kid has crashed a number of times in JR suits and never a scratch. Their helmets are pretty sweet as well. That new Carbon Fiber helmet is sweet. Very light and they hold up good in a crash as well.

Happy to see you in leather there Cap! Hope you feel some sympathy for those eight cows they butchered to make that suit! :rofl: :poke:

I love my Speedmaster stuff...I must say you were very handsome in your leathers Doug!
(we express ourselves differently on the West coast). Doyle

I love my Speedmaster stuff...I must say you were very handsome in your leathers Doug!
(we express ourselves differently on the West coast). Doyle

Your MANCARD Doyle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................ALLWAYS Remember the MANCARD. I Would HATE to see you get it Revoked :rulez:

:laugh:

Back