REV Went RSD Hunting...  Bagged one.

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Grab Some
lurk.gif
, Have a seat and come along with us... I found RSD, and he's doing just fine... Misses some of you, others less so.
laugh.gif

Well as some of you know me and the Missus went to Victoria a couple of weekends ago. It was time for a break, we've been working hard and it was time to just relax.

So off we went to the land of the RSD, and a fine land it is...

We got ourselves a very Nice Hotel Room Right on the Inner harbor, and proceeded to enjoy four days, three nights of Victoria's Best. Man I love Canada... Just so many folks NOT all Wrapped up in material Crap, and Chasing Money or the image of money...
Just laid back, REAL, friendly people.

RSD and his beautiful wife were terrific hosts. Invited us into his home, were Generous to a fault, and even on HIS Birthday, was willing to show the wife and I around Victoria.

Thanks again Andy. We had a great time and it was good to see you guys. Anytime you are in the area, you are welcome at our place.

So first off was the Ferry Ride over! That's Ferry NOT Fairy...
crazy.gif

Pulling away from Washington
VicTrip06001.jpg

Out on the water
VicTrip06004.jpg

The Car on a Boat... Still seems strange to me...
VicTrip06002.jpg

Another shot of the waters in and around the Sound and the Islands.
VicTrip06004a.jpg

Then our first stop right after a brisk Search by Canadian Customs was Butchard Gardens. The Gardens are VERY pretty, but it's NOT a Botanical Garden, so much as a monsterous English garden really. So As long as you know what to expect and you dig flowers? It's pretty darn cool. $23cdn to get in Each. Was full of Rude Americans making Certain their "Southern Drawls" were plenty audible for blocks... pretty embarrassing... But WOW, the beauty...

The Butterfly House.

VicTrip06005.jpg

VicTrip06006.jpg

VicTrip06008a.jpg

VicTrip06008.jpg

VicTrip06007.jpg

VicTrip06013a.jpg

OK OK I know Butterflies? Revlis? Yeah of course... If you are too Macho, or too wrapped up to enjoy the beauty around you? Then you are mostly dead anyway...
wink.gif

STOP
&
Smell the Roses!!! OH, Did I mention Roses?

Butchart Gardens...

From the Top
VicTrip06010.jpg

Down below...
VicTrip06011.jpg

And Up Close
VicTrip06009.jpg

Yeah I love Flowers, Cannot help it. The Colors get inside my head...
VicTrip06012.jpg

Bee's seem to dig em' too. Lots of bees...
VicTrip06013c.jpg

The Rose you should smell
VicTrip06013.jpg

More...
VicTrip06013f.jpg

Then we split and headed into Victoria, and Checked into the Room. Hotel Grand Pacific

Nice Room, 9th Floor, friendly Staff, Excellent Martinis Or "B!tch Brews" as RSD referred to my pretty little drinks.
smile.gif
I don't drink Beer, I know I know it's downright UN-American of me... I've just never developed a taste. But I like a good mixed drink and they mix em' good downstairs at the pacific lounge.
VicTrip06014.jpg

Nice View
VicTrip06015.jpg

We Swung into the Royal BC Museum Next Morning... saw this
VicTrip06046.jpg

And I thought this was pretty cool. Very Nice Museum.
VicTrip06047.jpg

Next Day was RSD's Birthday... I wish I had known in advance or was more Thoughtful. Sorry Bro. RSD really isn't much for folks trying to pick up tabs, or pay for stuff. To the point where I didn't want to argue the point... Hell of a Nice Guy and The wife and I had a great day...

The Un-Official Tour Guide...
VicTrip06016.jpg

The Wife and I...
VicTrip06017.jpg

RSD and his House Mouse.
VicTrip06018.jpg

They Drove us around, showed the good stuff you would miss if you didn't know where to look. We found ourselves Here: Craigdarroch Castle
VicTrip06031.jpg

This place was awesome. Check out the wood...
VicTrip06019.jpg

Stained Glass
VicTrip06021.jpg

More
VicTrip06026.jpg

I found the details to be pretty cool... I loved this Guy.
VicTrip06027.jpg

Very Cool, Yet Creepy Painting... The scene followed you as you moved through the room.
VicTrip06025.jpg

The View looking towards downtown.
VicTrip06029.jpg

Very Cool...

Then It was off to a local pub/brewhouse where we had a couple then off to Dinner, went to the Japanese Village Steakhouse... Excellent Food...

Remember the whole "Cake Picture" HE HE.... Here's the Steak Picture...
VicTrip06032.jpg

laugh.gif
MmMMMmmm Good!

Seems RSD Didn't Get enough to eat though!!!
VicTrip06033.jpg

Nor did my wife...
VicTrip06034.jpg

Hell Victoria is so Cool even their squirrels were laid back...

Finally The last night there, the Cruise ships were all in, The weather was perfect and we just hung out on the deck for awhile...
VicTrip06035.jpg

And Enjoyed the LIghts...
VicTrip06036.jpg

Thanks again to RSD and the House Mouse, you guys were awesome and we owe ya! We had a great time... Thanks a bunch for the Cab Ride, and for the tour...

DUDE that is awesome........... Great pics beautiful country.......

Thank you Cap... Been meaning to get these up since I left Canada...

Wow...Nice Pics...Rev has skills, and nice to see a smile on RSD's face...very nice
beerchug.gif

Squirrels that don't run away!? What in the world!?

VERY nice pics! I love the butterflies....those are definitely saved.

there you go now. the wife just saw these pics and now she wants to go to canada.when we have vacation in mexico planned out.Thanks Rev. J/K Great pics of this planet we call home.
cool.gif

Thanks folks... I don't have the skills of our much Missed Bullettrain, but I do what I can. These were all taken with my little Canon Digital Elph. 4 megapixel. Size of a pack of Cigarettes...

Thanks for the complements..

Rev

Heaven...
He lives in Heaven...
The lucky Bastid lives in Heaven...

Thanks for the update and the beautiful pics...

David

Back