Rev, maybe you can help

Bike382

Registered
Rev, you seem to be the guru on stuff like this. Maybe you can shed some light on it.

What the hell makes it look like its moving, but when you look at it directly its not.

nothing_is_moving.jpg

I was wondering if it was a gif or not but I see its an jpg....prolly the contrast of colors and stuff that makes it look like it moves.

Sorry Man, I may be able to make one of these but I'll be damned if I can explain the why and how of it... Need to ask an expert in the Neurology/psychology field....I haven't even seen this particular example of a mind screw before...This rocks...

My lil sis is studying neurology. I'll see if she can explain it for us. I usually get to be her test dummy for all the eye and ear tests. Some wierd demonstrations! I'll let ya'll know if she can tell me... ;)

Proof that you do not create your own reality, you create your own appearances!

<!--EDIT|Big Wall
Reason for Edit: "Doh!!!"|1068064164 -->

Imagine a Busa painted like that! :eek:

Imagine a cop trying to write a ticket while looking at that! :D

Imagine the cop trying to put the color of the bike on the ticket! :cool:

cuz your eyes see in "stereo". Close one eye and look. It wont move. Same concept as seeing a 3-D image

I am thinking this one takes advantage of how our eyes focus in combination with the perspective...

I want wall paper in the Guest bathroom like this though...

I am thinking this one takes advantage of how our eyes focus in combination with the perspective...

My God! Imagine coming in late, buzzed and walkin' into THAT bathroom to wizz!!! I almost fall over just thinking about it. :drink:

Great place for it! I think folks would be afraid to go in there after a while and start pissing on the lawn.

Awsome!  I agree w/ the wallpaper in the bathroom thing, or at least a picture on the wall opposite the mirror...
Yeah! so when you look in the mirror, it's behind you.
(twilight zone theme)

<!--EDIT|Big O
Reason for Edit: "Just to type something in this space."|1068123739 -->

cuz your eyes see in "stereo".  Close one eye and look.  It wont move.  Same concept as seeing a 3-D image
That didn't work!  Make it stop!

Twisted had the right idea, that works.

<!--EDIT|Big O
Reason for Edit: "Because I thought of something else."|1068123676 -->

Back