Rev limiter

jokerjoed

Registered
When I first bought the Busa, I figured I'd beat on it for a couple years then go back to a cruser. Well, after one summer and more than a few thousand miles, I realized its the best bike I've ever owned and would like to keep it until it dies. I put a lot of miles on my bikes and would like this one to last as long as posible. I figured if I could keep it under redline it might last a few more miles. It was never a problem before the new pipes, PC and other work I had done. Now it rev much faster and I fine myself in the red more often

Now to my point, with the PC or by other means, is it possible to reduce my rev limit from 11,500 (which I believe is the stock setting) to something lower, like 10,000

Have you thought about putting a shift light on it? Or you could use an aftermarket limiter.

10,800 is the rev limit in 1-5th gears 10,200 in 6th.

You can easily limit it to 10,200 if you wanted by making it think it was in 6th all the time.

I'm confused. If it was fine stock and putting the aftermarket pipe,PC etc. made it too easy to rev the guts out of it. Why not just undo the High performance mods? If style points are all thats at stake you could just get one of these (or similar).

Back