rev limiter on Busa?

I think my '03 kicks in around 11,500. It's really nice and soft, unlike my old KAW that practically did a stoppie pitching me over the shield when hit. I'll test it on my way home from work

I believe the REV limiter is actually 10,850 RPM's but NOT ON THE TACH! Most of the stock Hayabusa tach's are off so you could see anywhere from 11,000 to 11,500 INDICATED on the dial!

Mine read 11,200 on the tach but only 10,850(actual) on the DYNO! You will have to either take it to the dyno or go hit the limiter to find out what it displays on your gauge.

Josh :cool:

my tach reads approximately 11,354.27

Are you still breaking yours in or something?? If not, what the? You haven't hit it yet?

True RPM is 10,800 at the limiter which will read over 11,300 on the Tach.

My tach read right at 11,000 on my '03 tonight testing fyi.
shift before that :)

Most of the stock Hayabusa tach's are off so you could see anywhere from 11,000 to 11,500 INDICATED on the dial!
Every Busa that I have ridden has been different so you will just have to try yours and see when it kicks in on the Gauge!

Josh
blues.gif

the reason I ask is when I was racing the vette and I looked at the tach, I was in the red over 11K (not much over 11 though) and it felt like it quite pulling at that point, but it was so soft as was mentioned it was hard to tell. (plus I shifted immediately after I looked down)

THanks for the info. guys/gals... Just want to make sure I don't blow the Busa up.:;):

If you were hard on the bike you will know if you hit the limiter. It comes in soft but knocks down quick.

Service manual says 10,600rpm for 99'. Don't know if that has changed over the years though?
JT2!

Back