Retiring from the Navy

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
After having spent 20 years in the Navy, I want to do something that I haven't been allowed to do. Not sure what. I don't drink, I have only one tat (Busa tat). I do have a pierced ear, had that since I was 14.

I was thinking about getting my nipple pierced just because. My wife is losing her mind over the idea.

Inputs or ideas?

Don

Congrats on the retirement. Thank you for your service to this wonderful country. Now for what to do that you have not been allowed to do. Grow your hair down to your shoulders and a beard down to your belly button. Those are the only 2 things I could come up with that are not perm. changes.

If you really want to freak the wife out with a piercing, get a Prince Albert!
firedevil.gif

After having spent 20 years in the Navy, I want to do something that I haven't been allowed to do.  Not sure what.  I don't drink, I have only one tat (Busa tat).  I do have a pierced ear, had that since I was 14.  

I was thinking about getting my nipple pierced just because.  My wife is losing her mind over the idea.  

Inputs or ideas?

Don
Don,

I can tell by your post that you know what you want to do, but you are afraid. You just need a little re-assurance.

Its ok Don, really. you can say it. I am here for you.

I know it is a difficult thing to come to terms with, and it is only mentioned in hush tones throughout the Navy. But you are now retiring and you can now finally admit what is truly on your heart.

You can now say it Don

"I admire the Marines more than any other branch of service in the world, I wish I would have had the forsight to join the Marine Corps instead of the Navy. I yearn to wear the Marine Dress blues at my retirement ceremony. And if I were a Marine I wouldnt worry about what my wife thought of me piercing my nipple, I would just grab a bottle of whiskey and the hole punch off my desk and just do it"

There Don, does that help?
biggrin.gif

Semper Fi and congrats
beerchug.gif

Just don't pierce both of them and attach a chain in between...please don't do that

OK after reading Thrashers post, I came up with another one. Go down to the surplus store a A set of Marine Corps Dress Blues. Just don't leave the house with them on where a REAL Marine might see you. LOL

pierce your nipple and walk into the bedroom with a chain running from it to your ear, it will set her on FIRE
firedevil.gif

Don,
piercing hurt, but was OK after a while. I had both of mine pierced, impressed the ladies ALOT thru college, especially out on the sand volleyball court.

But apparently my lymphatic system does react too well to a foreign body such as the surgical steel being that close to it, so i battled infections for MONTHS til the doc and I narrowed down what was causing it.

Took em both out and been good ever since!

Go for it man! I miss mine!

Congrats on the retirement. Thank you for your service to this wonderful country. Now for what to do that you have not been allowed to do. Grow your hair down to your shoulders and a beard down to your belly button. Those are the only 2 things I could come up with that are not perm. changes.
In the corporate world you can't have long hair and a beard to your belly button.

Don

Thrasher,
I cut a 98 on my asvab. My dad is a Master Chief (RET). I went to the Marine recruiter first 'cause I wanted to do something different than Pop. They wanted me to be infantry and only infantry. I don't have a prob with that except with my score there were so many other things I could do. So I joined the Navy as a Submarine Radioman.

Don

why not just get on your Busa and do 170 somewhere away from the world every now and again?

Used my recruiter skills and won the wife over. Not really.. bartered with her. She is getting another horse she doesn't need but, I am getting it done this afternoon.

Don

Thrasher,
 I cut a 98 on my asvab.  My dad is a Master Chief (RET).  I went to the Marine recruiter first 'cause I wanted to do something different than Pop. They wanted me to be infantry and only infantry.  I don't have a prob with that except with my score there were so many other things I could do.  So I joined the Navy as a Submarine Radioman.

Don
Ok, I was poking fun at you.

But if you want to get serious.
biggrin.gif

I totally understand, with a 98 ASVAB there were so many other things you could have done. If you are retiring now you went in after I did. you must have had a bad recruiter, or something else must have been going on.

I went in in 2003. Well actually I went the delayed entry route.

They told me if I wanted to go in and take my chances they could get me in within 2 weeks, but if I held out for aviation it was going to take 7 months. So I chose to wait the 7 months.

I have spent more time on Navy bases than I have Marine Corps bases.

One of the biggest reasons I didnt join the Navy is I didnt want to go out on a carrier.

Which I ended up doing and ended up being pretty cool.

Kind of miss sitting on the elevator at 0300 when flight ops has just ended, everything is quite. A full moon out and you can hear the sound of the water as the carrier cuts through it. really miss that.

Good choice. Maybe we can all mget together and get you a dangly Kanji to put in after 6 to 8 weeks.
Thanks again for your service. Our people do not hear that enough in my opinion.

TF,
I know you were poking fun. I went in 1988. The Marine recruiter made some calls to find something different. All they had available was infantry.

Don

Used my recruiter skills and won the wife over.  Not really.. bartered with her.  She is getting another horse she doesn't need but, I am getting it done this afternoon.

Don
your nips  
rock.gif
 the roach clip on the end of the nipple feels like this  
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
but after
thumb_up.gif
stay out of the frozen food section for a while
whistling.gif

Back