Retiring from Navy/Moving to

gwhunran

Donating Member
Registered
Today I did my final check out with the Navy, going to Fleet Reserve/retirement after 20 years. It really hasn't sunk in yet. The wife and I have been busy getting everything ready for our move from Virginia Beach to Blue Ridge, VA where I will be a school teacher at a High School in a nearby town. The little community sits right on the Blue Ridge Parkway with plenty of curvy mountain roads to enjoy riding on.
We will be closing on the house there on the 3rd of next month and I will have a couple of weeks to get settled in before I have to start the new job. I have already set everything up there with the high speed internet so I should just have to hook up the network and be ready to go.
Whenever I called the auto insurance people about changing my location, I was surprised to find my rate was higher in Blue Ridge. It seems there are more collision claims due to deer.
I don't post much but I do enjoy reading the posts and have learned quite a bit from the other members.

I especially enjoyed the East Coast ride this past summer and meeting several of the members. I was the one with the blue/gray 06 who wore a camelbak
biggrin.gif

Richard

Congrats I am 20 months behind you, transferring to the Fleet Reserve Aug 30, 2008. Fair winds and following seas.

Don

Don, I grew up in Arkansas. I lived in the SW,
Central, and ended up in the NE part of the state. The NW is the most beautiful part of the state. My mom lives near W. Memphis and dad lives across the Mississippi River in Bartlett, TN.

Are you a recruiter there? I have no idea what the Navy might have in NW Arkansas.

Richard

Congrats! I was a Sea Bee, and you have my respect for your service. The area you are moving to has some great riding. Hope you enjoy your new career but remember, you can't make your students stand dumpster duty, scrub the head or hold a blanket party on their azz if the screw up!
biggrin.gif

Congrats from the Army guy, 42 months behind you and counting...slowly. At least your all setup, my wife and I are just now thinking of where we want to retire, what I'm going to do then etc.. thinking about coming back to AZ, good weather, less allergy issues, and of course there are plenty of twisties around
smile.gif
Teacher huh? Is this under the Retirement to Teacher program?

Charlie

(gwhunran @ Dec. 29 2006,18:32) Today I did my final check out with the Navy, going to Fleet Reserve/retirement after 20 years. It really hasn't sunk in yet. The wife and I have been busy getting everything ready for our move from Virginia Beach to Blue Ridge, VA where I will be a school teacher at a High School in a nearby town. The little community sits right on the Blue Ridge Parkway with plenty of curvy mountain roads to enjoy riding on.
We will be closing on the house there on the 3rd of next month and I will have a couple of weeks to get settled in before I have to start the new job. I have already set everything up there with the high speed internet so I should just have to hook up the network and be ready to go.
Whenever I called the auto insurance people about changing my location, I was surprised to find my rate was higher in Blue Ridge. It seems there are more collision claims due to deer.
I don't post much but I do enjoy reading the posts and have learned quite a bit from the other members.

I especially enjoyed the East Coast ride this past summer and meeting several of the members. I was the one with the blue/gray 06 who wore a camelbak
biggrin.gif

Richard
I work in Lynchburg, We ride the parkway almost every weekend weather permitting... Drop me a line when you get settled in...

Back