Retirement Plans

HRHDi

Dont Call Me "MeeMaw"
Donating Member
Registered
2 hypotheticals here...

1. Let's say you can retire at 55 with little change to your current lifestyle and expenses. What would you do?

2. Or, not full retirement, but you can get the kind of job you want with the schedule you want. What would you do?

My answers:

1. Buy at least 10 acres off the Cherohala with a house just big enough for Dan and I and 1 guest room, a carriage house/apartment for our son and a garage big enough for our cars/bikes and room to work on them if we want to.

2. Buy a little resort in the Smoky Mountains - kinda like Deal's Gap - and cater to riders. Hire just a couple employees to clean the rooms and watch things while we're out riding. We could count on .orgsters to keep us in business, right?

i would ride somewhere that my friends were getting together every week instead of every other week :thumbsup:

Hi Di!
Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Dan of course:laugh:

I'm ALL for number 1, been looking up there myself to see what for sale:whistle:

I think somebody's gonna have to drag me away from working, I can never really see myself NOT working...may sound crazy but thats just how I'm built...keeps me outta trouble too...or DOES it:rofl:

Tapoco Lodge was just bought... or I'd say yall could buy it and open it up as a Busa Resort...

Sounds like Heaven regardless.

My retirement = SIMPLE LIFE.. with toys.

Hi Di!
Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Dan of course:laugh:

I'm ALL for number 1, been looking up there myself to see what for sale:whistle:

I think somebody's gonna have to drag me away from working, I can never really see myself NOT working...may sound crazy but thats just how I'm built...keeps me outta trouble too...or DOES it:rofl:

We miss you, too! We haven't seen you forever.

Keeping busy doesn't have to mean working like we are now. Imagine setting up a "guide" service or something in the Robbinsville area or some place similar. "Work" 4-6 months/year and take riders out on all of the good roads. Kind of like a track day on the twisties.

Its true that retirement is not to leave every work. After retirement we should make some plan to keep busy yourself. You can join any old age care home where you can found many age fellows and work activities. You can live there with care and dignity.

Its true that retirement is not to leave every work. After retirement we should make some plan to keep busy yourself. You can join any old age care home where you can found many age fellows and work activities. You can live there with care and dignity.

An' old folks home doesn't sound like the retirement I want. Look at how mean an' nasty I am now,thats only going to quadruple as an' old fug. I wouldn't want to put any innocent care workers thru the living hell of looking after me.:laugh:

I plan to die with dignity...with my boots ON. My Alpinestar boots that is.:thumbsup:

I like all yer idea's above.I've always wanted my own little bike shop. Mom and Pops. Me at the wrenches,and the House Mouse sweet talkin' folks at the front counter.She kinda likes the idea too. We've also talked about selling everything and moving to hawaii or nevada or similar ...she loves the sun and Rubb could ride year round.

My kids are grown and show zero interest in any kind of inheritance. The girl is so independant she has never asked for help with anything.The boy is off doin' his own thing,who knows what. So I dont have to slave away, saving every nickle to leave huge dough for some lazy ungratefull little shi7s to blow in a month on crack and ho's.

I plan to use my line of credit.Rack that up,at 3% the monthly payment are a joke.It's like free money almost.(kind of like the reverse mortgage thing)The House Mouse is pretty much set,if I were to croak today.Paid for house,life insurance,3 or 4 pensions,RRSP's and some "egg money" she has stashed away.LOL. So at this point retirement looks OK.

I agree with Lycan thou,I dont mind working if its something I enjoy,make extra dough and buy more toyz. I've done lots of travelling,I dont like fishing,not really interested in the typical "feet up" plan.

I like the Busa lodge or Pashnit tours kinda thing,but that would mean interacting with folks all the time,and I think you all know how that might turn out....

:laugh:

RSD.

Didn't save enough during my Military service, sockin it away now in TSP and savings
Plan to retire in 18 years, I'm only 49
Between now and then will be working on the house and yard and plan to continue that in retirement.
Don't ever plan to leave New Mexico because I love it here for sure!
Goal is to maintain 6 figures in retirement then buy a Class "A" motorhome and tour the US
Gen 5 Busa included along with a Touring bike of some kind, maybe an Electra Glide or Gold Wing

Didn't save enough during my Military service, sockin it away now in TSP and savings
Plan to retire in 18 years, I'm only 49
Between now and then will be working on the house and yard and plan to continue that in retirement.
Don't ever plan to leave New Mexico because I love it here for sure!
Goal is to maintain 6 figures in retirement then buy a Class "A" motorhome and tour the US
Gen 5 Busa included along with a Touring bike of some kind, maybe an Electra Glide or Gold Wing

You sir, need to get off the kool-aid. I've saved and did all those other things for the past 40 plus years. Now the dollar is quickly becoming worthless, and social security, well they think it's a hand out and instead of taking it away, they'll just make me wait until I'm dead to collect the first check. Sorry, but plan on working at least 25 more years and living in a relatives basement your last few years, just saying.

Bot?
3 yrs, jus say'n

Back