Restore 2000 Busa

second.chance

Registered
New to the Forum here is my story. I'm 55 and an old school sport bike fan I want to get back on the road after many years of putting everything and everyone else first . I have a 2000 Busa that's been sitting in the garage for many years untouched and neglected. I live in the Detroit area can you guys reccomend a reputable shop that can help me restore the glory.
Please and Thanks

Download the manual and learn to fix it, they are pretty simple if it is mechanically sound
2000 that has been sitting the fuel system may be "suspect" Personally I would pull the tank, clean coat it if needed, Pull the fuel pump and fuel screens, clean them send the injectors to be cleaned
Check the fluids, fire it up watch the temps once the temp hits about half way start listening for the fan
if it hits 3/4 or more, and no fan shut it down, change toasty suspect oil
lube chain, check tires/brakes ENJOY

Welcome and I see it is a first post, you will be finding there is a vast resource here in this forum.

We understand not everyone is a "wrench" and I'm certain someone will be along from Michigan to help guide you to a reputable shop.

As what was said above by @202mphbusa , that makes perfect sense to me.

Download the manual and learn to fix it, they are pretty simple if it is mechanically sound
2000 that has been sitting the fuel system may be "suspect" Personally I would pull the tank, clean coat it if needed, Pull the fuel pump and fuel screens, clean them send the injectors to be cleaned
Check the fluids, fire it up watch the temps once the temp hits about half way start listening for the fan
if it hits 3/4 or more, and no fan shut it down, change toasty suspect oil
lube chain, check tires/brakes ENJOY
Ya know what? You're right, no more excuses. On the hunt for a manual and as soon as I start the project I will keep you updated and I'm sure plenty of questions along the way..sounds kinda lame but..thanks for the inspiration.

Ya know what? You're right, no more excuses. On the hunt for a manual and as soon as I start the project I will keep you updated and I'm sure plenty of questions along the way..sounds kinda lame but..thanks for the inspiration.
BRING ANY QUESTION YOU HAVE
pictures will help us surely
You can download the manual free some where for sure
if not let me know depending on e-mail box size I can send it it is 79m

there are a few different PDF versions of the manual out there, some are better, as far as picture quality and searchablility but the one I can send has always been good enough even Zoomed enough for my old eyes to follow a circuit on the wiring.

BRING ANY QUESTION YOU HAVE
pictures will help us surely
You can download the manual free some where for sure
if not let me know depending on e-mail box size I can send it it is 79m

there are a few different PDF versions of the manual out there, some are better, as far as picture quality and searchablility but the one I can send has always been good enough even Zoomed enough for my old eyes to follow a circuit on the wiring.
So you know I'm not B/Sn you guys, manual is now downloaded....step 1 mission completed.

We're here to help. I have a 00 myself, ask any questions you may have. Don't concern yourself with looking foolish, we all had to learn at some point, many of us learned here too.
Yer good 2 go Second Chance. I personally take care of all of the "looking foolish" around here.It leaves everyone else free to ask anything they want.:thumbsup:
Rubb.

Don't know how I missed this thread but if you make your way back onto the org im in Roseville just a minute or 2 from Detroit and willing to lend a hand if needed. I know we don't have much for reputable shops around us but I can find u one of that's the route you prefer to take.
New to the Forum here is my story. I'm 55 and an old school sport bike fan I want to get back on the road after many years of putting everything and everyone else first . I have a 2000 Busa that's been sitting in the garage for many years untouched and neglected. I live in the Detroit area can you guys reccomend a reputable shop that can help me restore the glory.
Please and Thanks

second.chance..."Where are you" (insert echo noise here)
We are willing to give you a second chance. :laugh:
We did all that writing and for what

Rubb.

second.chance..."Where are you" (insert echo noise here)
We are willing to give you a second chance. :laugh:
We did all that writing and for what View attachment 1622465
Rubb.
I actually spoke to @second.chance in pm and told him to lmk if he needs a hand. Seems he works a lot like I do and being Michigan is at its busiest this time of year it's hard to have free time until that yucky white stuff shows up which will be all too soon fir me.

I actually spoke to @second.chance in pm and told him to lmk if he needs a hand. Seems he works a lot like I do and being Michigan is at its busiest this time of year it's hard to have free time until that yucky white stuff shows up which will be all too soon fir me.
Sometimes forums like this one are filled with a lot of useless bullshi7 and sad attempts at humor...

I'll try and stop doing that.
Rubb.

Back