Response email i got from Trac Dynamics...

Speed King

Banned
Heres a response email I got from Trac Dynamics after I emailed them about some recieving 400cc chains for 1300cc hayabusas:

46 years old, and actually typing the F-word in a business e-mail?
if you have a question about one of our products you can ask a question
to our tech dept.

about chains.....there are no 400cc motorcycles that use a 530 chain, most
would use a 420 or 428, 520 for a dirt bike. we could get into the technical ways
that chains are rated, but it is not necessary, we have only sold 2 brands of chain
over the last 20 years. DID VM/ZVM and our EK/P.U. label that we cut from bulk.
both of these chains exceed our requirements, the only difference being price.
our 30 year history in the business is more credible than some random cc number
that someone prints in a catalog.

why is it every time i see trac dynamics name its something bad...just telling me this isnt a company to deal with...:moon:

As a member of a very reputable community of motorcycle enthusiasts, I have found it important to always work toward preserving relationships. In every case it is important to consider that no matter how thin you slice it, there are always two sides to every story. Please be careful to consider such things before venting frustration in any relationship. Venting is one thing, bashing is quite another and won't be tolerated here. Be mature in your considerations so others may consider your maturity in your response. Keep the peace, honor the brotherhood.

Please clarify the entire exchange. The bolded letters above were from Trac Dynamics? What did your email read like? As Jay said, it would be nice to see both sides.

Please clarify the entire exchange. The bolded letters above were from Trac Dynamics? What did your email read like? As Jay said, it would be nice to see both sides.

This. Because you apparently cursed at them which is a great way to get people to help you.

This. Because you apparently cursed at them which is a great way to get people to help you.

Yes i agree that dropping some less professional language into your communication is not the best way to get help, however its the strength of the company's support system that should be measured here not the initial inquiry.

If the first thing out of the gate was f*&* you your stuff sux, blah blah, btw what about this chain. Then I would tell my staff to file it and send a standard response asking for detailed form data. If the second contact was more colorful language, I'd probably tell them to respond and ask the customer to please refrain from using such language if they want to continue to seek help from us.

I would not ever have my employees respond back with anything quite so negative as what this appears to be, certainly it would never mention the customer's age or some other information that could be possibly construed as biased/profiling/etc. I think the issue is that no matter how rude your customer is, there are better ways than others to respond to them. This response, from what we can see of it, appears to be a less than optimal choice of wording and poor judgment & handling on the part of the employee.

Again without seeing the entire email chain, its pretty hard to fully qualify the experience as "bad" or "good" though indications are it was "poorly handled"

Back