Resevoir sight glass

SANDFLEA85

Registered
I need to remove the site glasses out of the brake and clutch resevoirs to put in new chrome resevoirs.I read to use a small c-clamp with a dime on one side to push them out and then install them the same way.has anyone ever done this and i would assume somekind of silicone is needed to seal them in or do i not need anything...wouldnt the oil eat through silicone anyway???

anybody?

last person that did this claimed they had to be broken and replaced.

Let me do a search...

great!!! looks like a little slice of hell
firedevil.gif

you know what,i dont think im gonna even bother,if anybody is looking for a set of these,ill sell them for less then what i paid...I paid $200 for both plus $100 core charge..I'll let em go for $225 if anybody wants them

i have done it , no problem
ill do yours if you want

or like you said get a small c clamp
put something soft on the inside glass, put a small socket against that. put the clamp on and put the other end over a u shaped object so when you turn the screw it will pop the glass right out, it will come out, going back is put a dab of sillcone inside the housing, make sure the oring is there. place a dime against the outside of the glass, place a small piece of metal inside and tighten down slowlly and it will pop right back in and seal up.
if you need help let me know. or as i said send them to me and ill do it, and send them back for free.

its not that hard to do if you want to undertake it, if someone is there to help its a little easier so they can help hold the c clamp in place.

you can also use a big socket when popping it out instead of the u bracket. something for the lens to pop out into.

alright,ill give it a shot..the weather is about to break,i just didnt want to be waiting on new site glasses when its 80 degrees outside...thanks for the info bro

Back