Resetting the ECU

MetalDisorder

Registered
I have noticed two things on my bike after pushing buttons and having a hell of a good time putting 4k on it.
1. With the Yoshi slip on's it seems to run rough at constant speed .. Like a lean condition but pipes look perfect and no other symptoms.
2. What is the indicator symbol on the dash that looks like a lightning bolt on the left side of the guage. Is it an error or is it mearly programming mode symbol?  Read the manual and well something must have gotten lost in the JP/US translation.

Can the ECU be restet clear codes and user changes by disconnecting the battery like a obdII can?

The lightning bolt is your shift light indicator. Unhooking your battery will only remove user settings.... ECM settings are in Flash Prom and will go no where.

Thanks guys .. Bike has been great .. trying to stay on top of it and learn.
So the bike will not go into "learn" mode if power is disconnected then hokked back up??
I think I will try to find a good tuner in my area and have the A/F checked just to be safe. Can tuners tune the factory ECU yet?

the lightning bolt? Are you looking at the shift light indicator symbol? That information is in the manual. My bike runs smooth eith the yoshi slip-on's.

Thanks guys .. Bike has been great .. trying to stay on top of it and learn.
So the bike will not go into "learn" mode if power is disconnected then hokked back up??
I think I will try to find a good tuner in my area and have the A/F checked just to be safe. Can tuners tune the factory ECU yet?
If the tuner has a teka box, he can adjust your fuel within your ECU.

Ok .. Well an update
I un hooked the batery over night and left the key in the on position.
Next morning I turned key off then reconected the power and took the bike for a ride.
Bike runs smooth??? for two days now perfect. So something was reset by the power loss.
All other settings are gone .. Clock , Shift light changes. So believe this to be an indicator that it DOES go into learn mode ofter extended loss of power ... Aspestos underware is on go ahead and prove me wrong..

Back