Resetting ecu

NewbieOnBusa

Registered
I went to a local mechanic shop to pick up my front fender and he asked me hows my bike after TB Sync. I told him throttle response get way better than before but still 25 mpgs. He told me to zero out ecu or reset something. How can i reset the ecu. I have 06 busa stock with no PC III.

I don't think there is such a thing as resetting a ECM (Electronic Control Module) to magically improve your mileage.

I also don't think TB sync improves throttle response. Unless your TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) was off, and the mechanic adjusted it during the TB sync, or maybe other things as well.

Unless you ride at mid to high rpm most of the time, or in low gear at slow speeds, it's hard to explain why a stock bike would have this somewhat poor mileage. Actually, during aggressive riding, I get around 30 mpg, and at the track day - in the range 20 - 25 mpg, but that's spending a good amount of time in mid to high rpm. Riding on a highway is within 40-45 mpg.

Last edited:
Have you ever checked how many miles you're getting off a full tank, or are you going by the gauge ?

If I'm riding in the city I get BAD mileage !! What are you getting on the highway ?

The only reset on the OE ECM is to pull the battery cable so that the ECM looses any stored error codes and "resets" itself. If your FI ligght isn't flashing then this will have no effect on anything.

I took the groud cable out nd unplugged the ecu for about 5 mins, put everything back togather. Today i will check up on TPS and see whats going on with that. I appreciate all the feedback for you guys :bowdown:

OKAY! So i took the time to locate the dealer mode switch... did some work on it and found _C00 where the clock is......now whats next.. is it something DIY or its another trip to mechanic shop and empty wallets...

the line to the left of the C00 indicates throttle position. This should be checked with the bike running, at temp, at idle. Under these conditions the line should be in the middle -C00. To adjust the throttle position switch you just have to slightly loosen the phillips head screw on the TPS sensor and then rotate the assembly slightly to get the line before the C00 to move. Once properly set, carefully retighten the TPS mounting screw and verify the TPS position hasn't changed.

The C00 indicates there are no faults/error codes stored in the ECM.

here are the pics of the situation

2010-07-29 10.35.18.jpg

2010-07-29 10.35.31.jpg

2010-07-29 10.35.50.jpg

OKAY! Fired her up and after ignition _C00 became -C00. But when i turned it off and put the igntition it went back to _C00. So when its not fired up, mini cluster says _C00 and after starting the V12 Twin turbo charged.. i meant 1300 hayabusa :laugh: it goes back to -C00 so i guess everything is fine?

Last edited:
Back