Reserve light

SD1300

Will ride for Oreos
Donating Member
I run until the reserve light comes on and then start looking for gas. Typically I only get 4.4 or 4.5 gallons to go in. Sometimes I run for an additional 20 miles and still only get that amount in. So, I suppose we can run it up to an indicated 200 miles before refueling... I say indicated because I know the error in my speedometer.

Are your results the same?

I've been fortunate enough to get gas within a couple miles of my light going on and I always take right at a gallon. Very nice knowing I have a gallon left in my 06 so whatever mileage I happen to be getting at the time, 38mpg for example, I know I've got around 38 miles to look for gas. I think I've gone as far as 190+ miles and added nearly five gallons. Very dependable.

Last edited:
On my '08 I put in about 4.2 gals when the light comes on, tank is 5.5. On my '03 it's about 4.0...5.0 tank CA model.

I Normally hit 200miles before I fuel light came up, I went to los angeles from phoenix I would get 250+.
Posted via Mobile Device

mine takes 4.1 gallons when the light comes on.. mileage? 20-45mpg :whistle:

I try not to go below a half if I am hitting the Turbo. It would be vry bad to run out of gas as you hit the turbo.

Yeah, mine ran out of gas once just when the light came on..... Now it is 150 miles and stop at the gas station:whistle:

Back